jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What should you do if you find a crocodile or alligator in your yard?

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

What should you do if you find a crocodile or alligator in your yard?

2. christopheranton profile image76
    christopherantonposted 5 years ago

First of all I would make certain that both my cat and I were indoors. Then I would take photographs of the reptile. This would be in order to sell them to the newspapers, as a picture of an escaped crocodile or alligator in England would be newsworthy and valuable. Then I would call the police and the Royal Society for The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to come and take it away.
    If it happened in my previous residence, I would do nothing except call my then landlord to come over, in the hopes that the carnivorous beastie would eat him , feet first and very slowly.
    If Iived in a country where such reptiles were common, I would wait indoors until it went away. I would also call the emergency services if possible.
    If you are in such a situation and you want some fun, I can call my previous landlord and tell him that there is a penny to be picked up in your garden. The mean old rat is bound to go flying over there to pick it up. Then you can watch the ferocious reptile eat him. If you have a camera, you can send me copies of the photos. Much appreciated.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I live in Montana so that would really be weird.  But, if it happened, I would stay back and call animal control to take it away.

4. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Where I grew up alligators were normal. You knew living on the coast to expect them. Most of them are much more afraid of humans than we are of them. I grew up swimming in the same water they lived in and never thought twice. If I lived in an area that had alligators I would have a fence to keep them out. If for some reason I didn't have a fence I would just leave it alone until it left. Crocodiles are different and much more dangerous than alligators so I would call someone if there was a croc in my yard.