jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Would you go horseback riding in the snow, or would you rather go on a beach?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

Would you go horseback riding in the snow, or would you rather go on a beach?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7778499_f260.jpg

2. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
    Gcrhoads64posted 5 years ago

I have never rode on the beach, but I rode in the snow a lot when I was younger. After suffering frostbite one time, I would definitely vote for the beach!

lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ooo frostbite. I can see why that would stop you. It's just that in the winter you don't get too hot. In the summer you can stop for a swim.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Warmth sunshine, definitely on the beach. I am not a fan of winter and often marvel at people who deliberately spend time outside in the cold!

duffsmom,
      Well, when you live in Michigan you either go out in it or stay indoors all winter. Believe me that's no fun.
      Thanks,
      Lisa

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I completely understand. I am in Montana and Isee people snowmobiling, skiing etc. and all I want to do is stay inside until summer hits!  Then it's too hot outside! LOL  I'm an indoor girl anyway so I'm used to it.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Beach. I hate the cold, and could really have fun riding on the beach.

5. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 5 years ago

Well I never use to be big on winter, but weather climate as changed so much that when our summers hit, they hit with a hot spell and I cant go out as he humidity here is to much on my breathing, but so is the extreme cold.

However to answer the question, maybe its because winter is victory however, after writing my poems about winter is sounds so beautiful and the pictures so amazing, I pick riding in the snow.

I like to be unique and the beach is always packed. Riding in the snow would be somewhat unique maybe not totally out of the ordinary but at least the peacefulness of the ride would be golden sounds to the ear.

So I have to say riding in winter.
    The sounds of the horses hoofs through the snow would also have this relaxing ring to it.

A few snowflakes falling on your face is so many things, romantic, peaceful, serene, beautiful, and I would feel like I was in a place all my own.

I also would prefer riding though gentle rain than a hot summer day.

Laurie

Rayne123,
      It is so peaceful riding in the snow.
      Lisa

6. renee21 profile image83
    renee21posted 4 months ago

I like both.  If you dress in layers (two pairs of woolen socks, heavy winter gloves, not those knit ones, two pairs of pants and a sweater/sweatshirt and a heavy winter coat) and don't stay out longer than a half hr to an hour, you don't have to worry about frostbite.

working