My dog is jealous and will get between me and my wife sometimes, what can I do?
This is from my hub on the issue:
How can I make my dog less jealous?
1. Walk your dog: I know I emphasize this a lot but it really is the answer to a lot of behavioral problems like digging and excessive barking. If your dog is jealous, but tired, she will be less likely to display jealousy. It is good for your health too!
2. Make her more submissive by reinforcing your role as leader of the pack. If your dog is displaying jealousy because of feeling she is in charge, this will help.
3. Use counterconditioning techniques to make your dog associate the new object (new puppy, new baby) with a pleasant experience. You can read the article about fireworks to see a discussion of conditioning.
4. Have your male dog neutered if he is displaying aggression while jealous. Neutering is not always a solution for aggression but this is a possible solution you might want to try.
5. If none of the other solutions work, have a good physical exam conducted to rule out a medical cause.
6. If everything else is normal, and the dog is still displaying jealousy, consult a behaviorist.
Since you do not give any details on your dog, (sex, age, background, etc) there is not a lot else I can do. If you try these solutions and are still having problems you can leave a message on my hub on jealousy.
DrMark is an expert and gives some great advice. If all else fails....get rid of your wife.
by Kate McBride 15 months ago
Why do some people begrudge others even when they are doing their best?Sometimes I notice that there is a tendency to criticize people who are good at what they are doing. It seems to me that one has to be doing nothing to criticize and doing something to be criticized. Is this true?
by SoleiMarie 6 years ago
This is the first time I have been into a relationship because I was too career focused. My boyfriend used to be a renowned playboy and I often feel the jealousy inside. I get irritated when he is with other girls because I can feel that he is flirting with them but it seemed natural to him; but it...
by Debbie Carey 8 months ago
When is a hug more than a hug between a man and a woman who is NOT his wife?If a man hugs a woman in front of his wife, where is the line that it has gone too far? The "hug" is fine. Does it cross the line with a kiss on the cheek? A kiss on the neck? Prolonged hugging?...
by Mahmo 5 years ago
Addressed to Women :Why jealousy is part of your character ?I mean is it difficult for a woman to live without being jealous ? and what is the necessity of jealousy to women ?
by Michelle Liew 5 years ago
How would you overcome someone being jealous of you?
by rob_allen 7 years ago
How do you deal with a jealous girlfriend?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|