My dog is jealous and will get between me and my wife sometimes, what can I do?
This is from my hub on the issue:
How can I make my dog less jealous?
1. Walk your dog: I know I emphasize this a lot but it really is the answer to a lot of behavioral problems like digging and excessive barking. If your dog is jealous, but tired, she will be less likely to display jealousy. It is good for your health too!
2. Make her more submissive by reinforcing your role as leader of the pack. If your dog is displaying jealousy because of feeling she is in charge, this will help.
3. Use counterconditioning techniques to make your dog associate the new object (new puppy, new baby) with a pleasant experience. You can read the article about fireworks to see a discussion of conditioning.
4. Have your male dog neutered if he is displaying aggression while jealous. Neutering is not always a solution for aggression but this is a possible solution you might want to try.
5. If none of the other solutions work, have a good physical exam conducted to rule out a medical cause.
6. If everything else is normal, and the dog is still displaying jealousy, consult a behaviorist.
Since you do not give any details on your dog, (sex, age, background, etc) there is not a lot else I can do. If you try these solutions and are still having problems you can leave a message on my hub on jealousy.
DrMark is an expert and gives some great advice. If all else fails....get rid of your wife.
by Kate McBride11 months ago
Why do some people begrudge others even when they are doing their best?Sometimes I notice that there is a tendency to criticize people who are good at what they are doing. It seems to me that one has to be doing nothing...
by SoleiMarie6 years ago
This is the first time I have been into a relationship because I was too career focused. My boyfriend used to be a renowned playboy and I often feel the jealousy inside. I get irritated when he is with other girls...
by Erick Hernandez8 months ago
Nearly a week ago, I read Kylyssa's achievements, and it made me want to say mean things to her. She's way higher than me, and has mastered the art of writing. I wish there was a way of dealing with jealousy. Instead of...
by Mahmo5 years ago
Addressed to Women :Why jealousy is part of your character ?I mean is it difficult for a woman to live without being jealous ? and what is the necessity of jealousy to women ?
by Joan King3 years ago
Why are some people jealous of those they assume are better off than they are?Why are some people jealous of those they assume are better off than they are? They may assume someone has more money, look better than they...
by Michelle Liew5 years ago
How would you overcome someone being jealous of you?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.