Why are people jealous of their partner's past lovers?

1. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 14 months ago

Why are people jealous of their partner's past lovers?

Many people, both males and females, show jealousy for their partner's past relationships. Why is this feeling so hard to repress, even knowing that the relationships are completely over, and way in the past?

2. Divya Merh profile image69
    Divya Merhposted 14 months ago

I believe that it's more of an insecurity because the past lover was once liked and loved by the existing partner so people often feel insecure that what if the feelings reappear and their partners get back to their exes and that's why they feel jealous

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 14 months ago

I suspect it's because they're young, immature, and hate the fact that (they) weren't "the first" to get showered by their mate.
    In some instances it's about them feeling as though their partner has had more experience than them or they know the ex and find it hard not to imagine them being on the receiving end of one's love and affection first when they see him or her socially.
    Needless to say most people get past that kind of thinking when they are beyond their late 20s and early 30s.
    I can't imagine too many 40 or 50 year olds trying to compete with their mate's  ex ghosts from the past. At some point it's silly.
    (Unless their mate is constantly bringing up their ex)
    No one wants to feel like they are a "rebound".
    Note: Irrational jealousy is a "red flag" that shouldn't go unnoticed. No one can "undo" what they've already done.
    You shouldn't feel obligated to "apologize" for your past!
    Everything you've done is what led you up to this person.