jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

WHat problems have you faced with dog grooming?

1. midget38 profile image92
    midget38posted 4 years ago

WHat problems have you faced with dog grooming?

2. Nature by Dawn profile image76
    Nature by Dawnposted 4 years ago

When it comes to trying to groom myself or when it comes to taking my dog to groomers? When it comes to taking my dogs to groomers, I've always hated having to leave them there for the day. Many groomers leave the dogs in cages and get to each dog one at a time. My dog Sephi hated having to wait in a cage in unfamiliar surroundings and a bunch of barking dogs. So I stopped taking her and opted to do it myself.

The only problem I have with doing it myself is with de-shedding. With my Lab Maya, brushing everyday still doesn't help keep her from shedding. So when it comes to bath time, the drain guard always gets plugged up with hair.

With my Aussie mix Pierson, it is really difficult to brush away those lose fine hairs on his legs. The undercoat on his legs is actually longer than the guard hairs, so you can see the fine tufts sticking out. No brush that I've found has been able to grab at those loose hairs so I have to use my fingers. He does not like this because I am also grabbing at hairs that are not loose.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

We have a Leonberger who sheds constantly. From the time he was pup we attempted to brush him and he hates and will not hold still. Very frustrating.

4. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

My dogs are afraid of the bathtub.  So much so, that I have to get in the tub with them (clothes are on) and comfort them as I wash and groom them.  They have always been that way and I think it's weird coming from two male dogs bred for protecting their families.  They're such big babies, I give them treats afterwards for not splashing me.