jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can my dog eat raw vegetables?

1. Swope profile image60
    Swopeposted 3 years ago

Can my dog eat raw vegetables?

2. Shesabutterfly profile image95
    Shesabutterflyposted 3 years ago

Dogs can eat a variety of raw and cooked vegetables. Spinach helps maintain good bone health and growth. Green beans boost metabolism and helps dogs naturally lose weight. Carrots prevent tartar build up and cleans gums and teeth. And squash can reduce heart failure. Just to name a few smile

3. Bob Bamberg profile image95
    Bob Bambergposted 3 years ago

With some exceptions, raw fruits and vegetables are OK in moderation.  But, some are toxic to dogs, such as onions, grapes and raisins.  There are specific parts of certain safe produce that aren't safe, such as apple seeds and tomato leaves and stems.  You can log onto the ASPCA's Poison Control Center for reliable information.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

As Bob said, some can be toxic to them. It would be best to get a list from your vet. My dad's dog loves raw carrots and the vet was the one who "prescribed" them. To put it nicely, the dog was having bowel problems and the carrots add the necessary fiber to his diet.

5. profile image0
    dogtreatladyposted 3 years ago

There has been a recent study done that established  that dogs who eat yellow vegetables (squash, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and carrots) will actually have a 75% reduction in their chances of getting bladder cancer.  You can mix these into their food, dog treats, or let them eat it raw. My dog, Skip, loves carrots!

working