jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Are The Best Vegetables To Eat For Good Health?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

2. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 4 years ago

A MIXTURE. There are not many fruits or vegetables that you can eat by themselves constantly that will give you good health. Your body really needs a mixture. The current advice is to eat a rainbow of colours on your plate, so you could have a mixture of green veg (broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, peas, kale, green beans) and orange /yellow veg (carrots, corn) and red veg (beetroot, red cabbage, tomatoes).

We tend to have two different colours of veg on our plates, where possible, for instance, we would not have both peas AND cabbage at the same time, but we might have peas and carrots for the same meal.

Also, choose vegetables that are in season in your country. They are fresher and have not travelled as far. They will be healthier for you.

3. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

I agree with DreamerMeg on having a "rainbow" of veggies to obtain a variety of nutrients. However, I would not consider "corn" as a vegetable. In fact, it is a grain and most corn produced in the United States are genetically modified. It is one food that is extremely inflammatory, and inflammation promotes disease. I would stay clear as yummy as it may be. wink

4. CapCooL profile image94
    CapCooLposted 4 years ago

All of them are good, but I read broccoli was the most nutritious.

working