jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Why do people abuse animals?

1. HuskyChaos profile image80
    HuskyChaosposted 3 years ago

Why do people abuse animals?

If we are supposed to be civilised people, why do so many abuse animals, and so many not care about the cruelty to animals that goes on in our planet? As the dominant species, surely we have a responsibility of care toward the others who call this planet home?

2. Lucky Cats profile image77
    Lucky Catsposted 3 years ago

Hi HuskyChaos.  I think that those who hurt and abuse animals have very low self esteem and a general hatred towards life and those whom he/she feels is weaker than he/she views himself.  "Taking it out on a lesser being."  I cannot imagine living within the mind of anyone who is capable of abusing, hurting, neglecting or tormenting animals.  It is a deep seated sickness as well as an aspect of evil that is unquestionably WRONG.  Additionally, on another level, animal abuse offers the abuser a "thrill," one which can be mental or physical.  This, again, points to a massive flaw within the abuser.  NEVER is an animal deserving of abuse.  NEVER.   Thank you for asking this thoughtful question.

1. Bk42author profile image81
      Bk42authorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Lucky Cats, they are people with no self esteem and no regard for life who take advantage and torment those who depend on them. Breaks my heart that there are people out there like that!

2. HuskyChaos profile image80
      HuskyChaosposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lucky Cats. Very true. People who abuse animals are highly flawed. I cannot imagine anyone getting a thrill out of hurting an animal, it's so sad

3. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 3 years ago

Holy Cow! Where have you been LuckyCats? Thought you might be immersed in your new non-profit or even in romance with your old friend. Anyway, animal abusers are cowards or those who've been brought up to use and abuse animals and have never learned to join the human-race, the real one that is, not for what often passes for it,

Very true. They are cowards, and have not found out what humanity is

4. Bubblegum Jones profile image60
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

There's just some people who are very sick in the head in this world.

Very true Bubblegum Jones. So sad

5. AG Blair profile image74
    AG Blairposted 3 years ago

I ask myself this question every day :-(  I still can't figure it out.  I guess a lot of the time, they do it cos they can......in many countries there are no laws to protect animals, or there are laws but they aren't upheld.  Some people - including, sadly, some people in 'positions of power' - don't think animals are worth a damn unless they can be of use to the Almighty Human (as I like to call this species we are part of).  Where does it end, who on Earth knows??

It is sad that some countries have no or little laws to protect animals. I also agree with you that the political motivation is seriously lacking to stand up for animals. Anyone who does is classed as an extremist animal lover! So sad

working