jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much money to kennel two cats for two weeks?

1. Kristen Howe profile image91
    Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago

How much money to kennel two cats for two weeks?

I never kenneled my two cats before, since I always had someone to pet-sit them. But this holiday Christmas season, I'm planning to go to New York City and visit my cousin for Christmas-New Year's. So I'm wondering on how much money is it to kennel two adult male cats, preferably inexpensive for a two week stay.

2. fpherj48 profile image78
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Kristen.....Just wondering if your Vet has a facility for boarding?  I ask because my Vet does board dogs & cats.  Being his patients, my animals can stay very cheaply. ($15/day) It's also a real comfort to know my babies are with their Dr.'s staff.
    The only other thing you can do is go through the Yellow pages ( or check online) and call every boarding facility in your area and inquire as to the pricing.
    I should mention that one time I boarded my dog, but my cat, to save money, I asked my neighbor  to feed, water and clean his litter every other day.  My neighbor did a fine job, but I'll never do that again.  My kitty was traumatized being left alone for so long.  Poor baby.  I felt like the wost Mom in the world!!

3. Kristen Howe profile image91
    Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago

Thanks Fpher748. I would have to check the local hospitals and vet come November and see I can fork it over. I can ask my neighbor to pet-sit for me if she can.

4. LillyGrillzit profile image77
    LillyGrillzitposted 2 years ago

About 10.00 per day per animal is the lowest rates I have found.  You can check Angie's List for a caregiver near you.

working