Run over cat

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

Run over cat

my 15 year old cat ( spayed) was run over by my hubby car when parking. Had sent to vet but he said no surgery because the cat is too old . Let it heal on its own. 3 broken bones, 2 pelvis bones broken and one right leg broken. She can't squat or walk, so no poo nor me 3 days. Any advice how to make her pee and poop?

2. profile image0
    Commander Timmyposted 8 years ago

Oh poor kitty, sorry your cat got hurt.  I think the best thing you can do is place a shallow litter box near her, and help your cat into the box, but I think it sounds like she should be in a full body cast. Lucky cat. Has she been eating?

peachpurpleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

no body cast, doctor didn't think it was compulsory. So had to carry her body and buttocks to the sand pit. Yes, began to eat canned food, not biscuits . Still no poo nor pee

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Does sound like she is trying to hang on. Maybe in a couple more days you can make her a splint or have someone to?

3. profile image45
    Sloane Horkyposted 8 years ago

Does your vet know your cat is not pooping or peeing? If not, ask him if there's anything you can do or give her (maybe a cat laxative or something like that).

I hope she gets well soon.

peachpurpleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I told the vet, already 2 days and the xray shows she has 3 poops inside. Vet said, let cat drink honey and wait. No laxative only pain killers

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years ago

If she is barely eating or drinking there probably be little of either anyway; peachy. My cat that ended up living almost 20 yrs minus a few months came home after being gone a long time barely crawling and her white coat was almost black. (It really looked like someone buried her and she came out of the grave. She would not eat or drink and I fixed her a soft bed out of the way of everyone to be quiet and would just put drops of water in her mouth a few times a die and waited for her to die. I left dry food and fresh water out just in case she managed to get up while I was not around. It took several days but finally she started responding to me and lifted her head to drink water I offered her. Then one morning I found her at her food dish and she recovered. I don't know if she may have been hit by a car or poisoned or what. The vet I saw gave little hope but if I wanted to pay a price he himself thought I couldn't afford apparently since he didn't quote it and said it would take a very long time. So that is why I did what I could for her and she not only got well but lived another ten years to almost 20 even though there was always an allergy issue I treated that too myself and she was in pretty good shape.
    With broken bones I think almost everyone will tell you to put her to sleep. If you cannot do that then just do as I did and let fate decide.
    I pray she will recover but if the bones need to be set for her to walk then I would have to recommend putting her out of her misery too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)