jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Is The Smartest Dog Breed?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 22 months ago

What Is The Smartest Dog Breed?

2. PaigSr profile image60
    PaigSrposted 22 months ago

From personal experience it is not the Old English Sheepdog. However they are probably the most lovable. I may not be a dog person but this is one of the few dogs I would welcome into our home. And yes our family had one when I was growing up named Bear.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 22 months ago

I used to have a Schipperke and if they aren't the smartest, they're close to it. They're also the cutest puppies and the best dogs!

4. MissKrisCayllie profile image80
    MissKrisCayllieposted 22 months ago

I have two border collies. They are quite brilliant. They have their own way to figure things out. They can learn tricks so quickly and effortlessly. We are often impressed with our one dog's ability to trick and manipulate us into throwing his toys or playing with him. He will place the toy either in our lap or in our hands without us paying much attention. Definitely an amazing dog breed.

5. profile image60
    cjjRogersposted 10 months ago

I  Love the problem-solving abilities of the GSD and their ability to make judgements autonomously; which they use to save lives.

I remember my first GSD coming into the living room to plonk my ferret in my lap - who must have escaped his enclosure. She was followed by two of her flock of geese she was helping raise. promptly turned to shoo them back out into the garden with the others. Her judgement not to attack it and bring to me to sort out was the correct course of action.....

another time she saved a child getting bitten by another dog. Not by attacking - but by cowering it into submission before allowing it to move away. She lay down to lick the bite afterwards - her job done.

I hope my new pup is half as courageous smile

working