jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why do my hubs do so bad? Is my writing that bad?

1. norlawrence profile image83
    norlawrenceposted 22 months ago

Why do my hubs do so bad?  Is my writing that bad?

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 22 months ago

Norma, I just scanned your hub list and read a couple (Presidents, Civil War and one of the dog hubs).

1. Platforms -  Because you write about pets, I'm surprised you don't have more readership.  Usually that is a Top 5 view getter.  Do you link to social media. Twitter and FB are enormously powerful for hubs. I use them and get a lot of views after I post on Twitter. I still don't have 50K views, but I do see an uptick over the past 5 months since I've been on Twitter. 

2. You don't seem to be following a lot of people. I try to follow hubbers who write interesting material and who I feel are high quality.  And I also try to support new hubbers. You don't have to follow everybody. I just use an unofficial criteria.

3. Regarding your Presidents hub, I do have a couple of suggestions. Let me know and I can email the ideas through HP.

Keep writing. The topics are interesting. I've only been a dog owner a couple of years, so I'm still learning.

norlawrenceposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I am new and lost here.  I will try to get more friends.  Please send me your suggestions.  I would love to hear from you.
      Thanks

3. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 22 months ago

Norma, I don't wish to be 'nit-picking,' but even the question has a grammatical error.  It should read, "Why do my Hubs do so badly?"

Not to say I don't make grammatical errors as well.  And as these Hubs are scanned by computer and not by actual humans, word for word, I don't suppose it matters that much.

Hub Pages seem to want 100% perfection.   Frankly, they ask a lot for what little one gets in return.  But it is a platform in which we can actually communicate with one another.  So keep writing, Norma.   Every reader you get is a commendation.

norlawrenceposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment.  I appreciate all comments good and bad.

working