jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)

I think it is cruel to put boxing gloves on a kangaroo

1. bonny2010 profile image61
    bonny2010posted 7 years ago

Saw a video on the internetsome time back about a kangaroo at a theme park in China they had a harness on it and boxing gloves and it had to fight chinese boxes , they reckoned the kangaroo loved it -bullshit. Tt the same theme park they had horse fighting each other - apparantly it was a popular place to take the kids.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i think it is cruel to take any animal out of its natural element just to have it perform tricks like this or  fight...that's just horrible, actually. i wonder how some countries get away with this stuff. sad

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Poor kangaroo!  I agree with you, it's not okay.  I hate it when humans anthropomophize...  Welcome to HP, by the way.

bonny2010posted 7 years ago in reply to this

thank you wordscribe - what I want to know is how did they get hold of one of our kangaroos

3. theirishobserver. profile image57
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

bonny one of your fellow country persons have just said she has been out and had kangaroo for dinner, on the good morning thread, I dont like the sound of that, is kangaroo food there

1. NewYorker profile image62
      NewYorkerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Kangaroos are actually pretty good dinner..

Was it seasoned, if it was you weren't really eating kangaroo - straight kangaroo stinks to high heaven when you cook it and it has a very wild taste -

1. NewYorker profile image62
          NewYorkerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea.. The restaurant said it was a Kangaroo, and I don't think restaurants lie a lot..

sorry New Yorker I misled you - yes you probably ate Kangaroo, but after it was toned down with herbs and whatever

2. bonny2010 profile image61

Hi Irish  if they knew how they are killed maybe not. A lot of people shot does with joeys in their pouches, they don't want the Joey sho they smash it against the bull bars - supposed to be very humane.

3. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can buy it in the supermarket, between the lamb and the pork.

4. theirishobserver. profile image57
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

Its in the good morning thread smile

5. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

There are lots of Roos in Asia and the East.
    They have always suffered the indignity of having to wear boxing gloves.... Which is pretty stupid really - they make far better Kick Boxers lol

How's Your Cane Toad Rescue Programme going? hmm

agree about the kick boxing, but thats not sportingfor the human -
      the programme is doing fine when do you want me to send your little mates to you......

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

...only if the kangaroo hasn't warmed up first.big_smile

the kangaroo is restricted by a harness  - it can't fight the same way it does in the wild if it could I'd probably feel sorry for the boxer

7. torimari profile image69
    torimariposted 7 years ago

Not surprising. At least, not that it justifies it, it is not one of the circus elephants or lions here...makes me cringe.

8. Mamelody profile image59
    Mamelodyposted 7 years ago

Kangaroos may seem sweet but trust me they are pests! I lived in Australia for 7 seven years and my home was near a wild life park so it was always normal to see them hoping up and about. I did accidentally kill one when it just jumped in front of my car, damaging the whole bonet and radiator. I was fined $1000 (Australian Dollars)...

I do think they look cute in gloves but I don't encourage animal fights instigated by humans.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Where in Australia did you live that they'd fine a person for hitting an animal that was on the road?

I was wondering about that one too -

2. bonny2010 profile image61

Sorry you feel that way about our Australian Emblem Mamelody - hope your next visit to Australia is more friendly - anyway Kangaroos are just trying to survive like the rest of us and if you were living near a Wildlife Park there would be a few about .

9. spiderspun profile image60
    spiderspunposted 7 years ago

I myself being a black belt Karate/Kickboxer think it is completely crew to put the gloves on the kangaroo. They are such a strong animal when ticked off. You are asking for trouble setting up a sparring match with such an animal. And the kick that could follow, man o man. It might look cute and all, but no not a thing to do to the poor animal

the animal might come off thewinner but thestress it has to undergo is unthinkable

10. bat115 profile image68
    bat115posted 7 years ago

I once saw a movie called Matilda that was made in the 80s. It was supposed to be a cute little family comedy about a boxing kangaroo but now that I know this is really happening, I am disturbed.

I saw it too but when I saw it i was very ignorant - now my son tells me Iam just naive for getting angry over the plight of such animals because there is nothing I can do about it - thats what hurts -

working