jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)

Love-Unadulterated love

1. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image81
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 6 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5292008_f248.jpg
    You have never known love until you are loved by a dog.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Untrue.

ThussaysNanaMarieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you have a dog?

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have owned a dog in the past. My statement "untrue" was directed at your untrue statement- "You never know love until you are loved by a dog".

And, it's not true. Got it? roll

Ooooppps!

2. IntimatEvolution profile image80
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Or cat or two or three, in my case!  Pets are a gift to humanity.  Only if everyone realized their true beauty.

3. Miss Paula profile image61
      Miss Paulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are totally right my dog is like one of my kids when I get home from work she is so happy to see me.  she is all over me so happy to see me. she's the best. I don't know what I would do with out her.

2. profile image56
    s.waterposted 6 years ago

Absolutely true! They love you unconditionally and protect us with all their might when necessary. For that, I owed them much gratitude and I feel blessed to have them in my life. I love them like one of my children. I'm sorry for the early poster that he/she never experience that level of connection with his or her pet. All I can say is Dogs are the best.

Great someone who understands!

3. earnestshub profile image90
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I have never been without a dog around since I was born, and love them to bits!
    I love all animals and birds and even talk to them all the time, but I do not equate that love with the way I deeply love my children or grandchildren. smile

Just trying to cut a distinction here. smile

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice.  I also talk to animals.  Dogs are so forgiving.  They are willing to overlook all sorts of flaws.

I'm currently still getting over the dog friend of mine that disappeared five or six months ago.  Maybe someday I'll have kids, who knows. . .

2. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How right you are Earnest, I have also never been without pets at any point in my life.. dogs have been there through out.. but to equate it with loving the human kind is no comparison.
      I love my husband and kids to bits and no matter what they do or say I will love them and this is truly different  smile

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Or a cat smile

I don't have kids or grandkids.

1. earnestshub profile image90
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you ever borrow some kids off a sister or something?
      You can't get to be as bright as you are without kids can you?

1. Lucky Cats profile image78
        Lucky Catsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My nieces are all grown up and either in Scotland or out West.

2. Lucky Cats profile image78
      Lucky Catsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me either....my choice....and,   "or a cat"  Cats, too...of course!

Children grow and leave. they do not dote on you like dogs do. They do not show the expressions dogs show when they see you for the first time every morning or when you return to them. People do not show the same affection ALL the time, dogs do.

2. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image81

I have a cats too and to the cat I'm the slave-stroke- me- when- I -want- you -to attitude,

5. profile image0
    askalexaposted 6 years ago

I totally understand! I used to be afraid of dogs, but now that my family got cute little Charlie, I can't get enough of the fluff!

-Alexa Brown

6. allbreeds profile image64
    allbreedsposted 6 years ago

Im sorry but ummmmm dogs dont love... that is a human emotion.Yes there is a relationship between owner and dog.Owners may love dogs ,not the other way around.
    Dogs are happy to see you of course but that doesnt constitute love and comparing them to kids?? Why put your kids down?
    Dogs are forgiving? Why because they love you?what do they forgive? You not talking to them? Not walking them? not feeding them?
    Children grow and leave .. dogs grow and die long before your baby child does (normally) No,  kids they dont dote on you like dogs why?? Dogs havent got a choice.
    How much do dogs love you .Leave the gate open or the front door see what happens.If they "loved" you you wouldnt have to TRAIN them to stay within your fence? No dog would ever run away, every dog would come back to you when you call him even it is chasing the mailman.
    Dogs unconditionally protect you?? who are you kidding? 99% of dogs will run rather than protect .
    Please dont rationalise your love for a pet by imagining its giving it back in return...
    just my thoughts

working