Buy a camera and pick up the phone. Eventually you're going to accidentally find a gig, then just learn from your mistakes...
Go to college for photography. I don't know where you live, but if I did I would suggest some colleges.
This is not a hard one to answer- find photographers you admire and respect and then try and emulate what they have done. This takes a lot of hard work and creative input- but if you do it you will have 40% of what you need. The other 60% is about being in business and that's the hard part- but if you really want it your commitment will be rewarded. Grant
You need to market yourself, a lot. Join networking groups. Advertise. Even bad photographers get work if they put enough blood sweat and tears into marketing. I know; I have seen their products when friends show me wedding albums.
I wouldn't say go to college for photography to become a professional as you can learn a lot from the internet and books. You need to practice shooting.
What you should study is business.
by Shil1978 14 months ago
How to become a professional photographer?
by Keely Deuschle 5 years ago
Would you hire a Certified Professional Photographer over someone who's not Certified?Only 3-4% of professional photographers have gone through the steps to become Certified. This involves passing a comprehensive written exam measuring technical expertise as well as submitting qualifying images of...
by Holly 8 years ago
I have had many opinions outside of HubPages on this matter. My dilemma is this- I have 11/12 years of experience as a professional photographer. I’ve worked for corporations as well as been a freelance photographer. I have also worked as a graphic artist for both corporations and as a freelance...
by Emme West 7 years ago
Who are your favorite photographers?I was recently inspired by Carleton Watkins, a great documentary photographer who was a big influencer in the establishment of Yosemite National Park. Who are your favorite photographers?
by Rangerwife 5 years ago
For those of you that are married, how much did you pay for your wedding photographer and what was included in the package. Also, where was the wedding located?
by Coming of Age 8 years ago
I am considering a hub that may include several of my wifes photographs, and I was wondering if and how is is possible to protect them from being taken from the hub. She is a part time professional photographer and sells some of her work.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|