jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Any idea what the most popular crocheted item is?

1. katkin profile image61
    katkinposted 7 years ago

Any idea what the most popular crocheted item is?

2. dinglefoot profile image58
    dinglefootposted 7 years ago

Hmmm...I'm going to guess hats, scarves or sweaters, judging by the things that my friends make!

3. lipoteng profile image52
    lipotengposted 7 years ago

Crochet patterns have been passed down through generations and some of the most influential and popular patterns used today like Blanket squares Treble work and Shellwork. please go to my blog for more info about this....
    http://pleasetoldme.blogspot.com/2010/0 … terns.html

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I don't know, but from observation...potholders! They're easy to make, very useful, and generally work a lot better than the ones you buy in stores. Second is scarves around here, because sometimes it gets so cold in the winter that you have to do something to keep from freezing your lungs. In this area the people are very utilitarian so there's not a lot of call for fashionable clothes and things, though, so in other areas other clothing items and things might be more popular.

5. Pro Design Source profile image62
    Pro Design Sourceposted 7 years ago

It has to be baby blankets???

My daughter still sleeps with the blanket her Grandma made for her when she was born.

I tried my hand at crocheting but I just don't have the patience. It certainly is a work of art!!

6. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

I have several scarves that were made for me and I really like and still have and wear all of them when the season changes.

7. TheGreenRabbit profile image61
    TheGreenRabbitposted 7 years ago

I actually make crocheted ponchos and people really seem to like them. They're warm in the fall and winter

8. scoobydeb profile image75
    scoobydebposted 7 years ago

I think afghans are the most popular crocheted item. At least requests for the patterns are in pretty high demand! wink