jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think it is in to wear or use hand made crocheted objects?

1. Miss Crayola profile image79
    Miss Crayolaposted 4 years ago

Do you think it is in to wear or use hand made crocheted objects?

Would you buy some? Are you making your own? What object do you wear/use the most?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8189663_f260.jpg

2. HeatherH104 profile image83
    HeatherH104posted 4 years ago

My favorite is scarves. I wear them for a season, give them away, then make new ones the next year. Scarves are fairly quick to make and easy to experiment with different kind of stitches.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Scarves, handbags, hats, sweaters- yes!!  Shawls? not so much. If you love to crochet, be creative and  have fun! I don't do this myself, but I especially like crocheted slipper socks. Flowers on the toes would be cute. smile

4. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

This is an interesting question. When I was younger, my grandmother use to make crocheted vests. My mother told us to wear them and I hated them.
    The only thing that was crocheted that I liked, at that time, were scarves and bikinis.

Now, I love seeing and using handbags, and other handcrafted items. I don't know if this is because I am older and wiser or if handmade items have become more fashionable.

5. starstream profile image79
    starstreamposted 4 years ago

Absolutely!! I never could crochet much of anything but admire the cute purses and vests. Yesterday I discovered a small shop in Winters,California where you can find the most beautiful crocheted necklace sets.  The shop owner makes them herself adding old buttons for accent. She told me people come all the way from San Francisco to buy her handcrafted jewelry.

1. Miss Crayola profile image79
      Miss Crayolaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Crocheted necklaces.  I wish I live in California!

2. cat on a soapbox profile image96
      cat on a soapboxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I love to hear about artists that keep coming up with truly unique wearable art designs. smile

6. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 4 years ago

Yes, it is very popular in this area. I have bought beanies, hats, hair clips with flowers, such as the one shown here on this purse. By the way, the purse you have shown here is very cute, great coIor, would buy it. I am currently making a tote bag, and you just gave me the idea to make the handle as shown. I wear scarves and crochet them also.

working