Where can I get a kids book printed in colour, in Australia or Adelaide? I have

1. skellie profile image78
    skellieposted 7 years ago

Where can I get a kids book printed in colour, in Australia or Adelaide? I have been told $10,000.

I have been told by many printers, to go overseas and get my printing done in asia. My book has many colours and is about 20 pages. I would rather stick close to home, if I can. Is there anything I can do? I would love some advice.

2. puter_dr profile image87
    puter_drposted 7 years ago

I know it is not local to Australia, but check out Createspace by Amazon. You can produce your book, and print it in quantities when they sell rather than paying up front for a huge run. They may even have plants in Australia.

I have not done anything there for a couple years, but I think the way it works is you create your book in their system, with the art and all, then once you believe it is complete, you pay them to print you a proof copy. Once you approve the proof, then the book is available on Amazon, and you have the option to offer it on Kindle. They pay you for each copy sold, You can certainly also order a number of copies for yourself to place in bookstores or to sell locally.

They also can help by marketing your book both on Amazon.com and Kindle.

While the profit on each book may be small, perhaps your out of pocket costs would be lower.

3. BaliMermaid profile image54
    BaliMermaidposted 7 years ago

For decent, fair prices on book printing, be it in color or black and white, in Australia your best bet is this.

http://www.loveofbooks.com.au/print_demand.html

These people printed some things for our Melbourne office a few years ago. The prices are according to how many pages, instead of a flat price like most of the other printers. They do color and they have offices throughout Australia.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Balimermaid

Closed to reply

working