jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can I come up with a good idea for a logo?

1. Pagelift profile image61
    Pageliftposted 7 years ago

How can I come up with a good idea for a logo?

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

let people know what the logo is for and see if anyone can make a logo you like.

3. naviaux profile image39
    naviauxposted 7 years ago

look for colors that appeal to you.  Take pictures of signs you like and the colors you don't like. This is my logo.  I love red and black and the skyline of San Diego.

4. readydesigns profile image56
    readydesignsposted 7 years ago

Well, assuming you have a name, start brainstorming associations. For instance, if you're Joe's Restaurant, you would throw in visual concepts like plates of food, happy customers, napkins, forks and knives, dishes, a local landmark, etc. Then narrow down the ideas you like based on your business' personality.

Next, consider whether you want it to be iconic (with an icon), or whether it should be mainly text. To get something memorable and versatile, be sure that it looks good at large and small scales, and holds up in both full color and black and white. Would it look just as good on a business card as on a billboard? On an old-school fax printout as on your website?

You can also consider posting a contest for it on a site like 99Designs, where designers will compete with their designs and you'll pick the best one. Or, of course, you could always hire someone directly.

Good luck!

5. willtrevon profile image56
    willtrevonposted 7 years ago

its hard to know and hard to think creating a logo without concept,think first bout what the logo is..and try to draw a in paper in finish to adobe photoshop/illustrator..

6. PeterCastle profile image65
    PeterCastleposted 7 years ago

well there are Technics to find imagination...such as

observation, research, being provocative, magazines, online blogs and so on...I have seen a good blog about imagination for product designers, but it could help you as well...here is the link

http://www.muratkaradag.com/2011/02/15/ … t-designer