jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you believe to be obscene or offensive in artwork?

1. Alt_Writer21 profile image59
    Alt_Writer21posted 7 years ago

What do you believe to be obscene or offensive in artwork?

2. CJSantillano profile image56
    CJSantillanoposted 7 years ago

Depends on the observer and how they perceive the piece. I've seen art by the great renaissance artists and how back then, the people observed the art as obscene (hence the majority of classical art/sculptors with leafs covering their privates). Yet I've seen contemporary art where the subject is smothered with feces and wearing an American flag. So it's a toss up... And if I can stomach crap (literally).

3. Kylo88 profile image56
    Kylo88posted 7 years ago

-The penis in the cover of The Little Mermaid.
    -The word "Sex" written in the girl's hair in Tangled and also in the dust cloud in The Lion King.
    -The 666 hidden in the logo for "Walt Disney".
    -And the little Hitler in the mural in the castle at Disney Land.
    So basically, Disney. But I laugh at all of that so I really wouldn't see that as offensive. I think it’s great for older audiences and it’s so much fun to try and find them! Lol
    Now, watch this comment get flagged or something. lol

4. maddartist profile image80
    maddartistposted 7 years ago

That is a hard question to answer since some art is supposed to be offensive, but in my opinion I find artwork that is made solely to be offensive/obscene with no other real or deeper meaning to be inappropriate.

5. profile image0
    Dandraposted 7 years ago

Modern Art.                                                                                             .

working