jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone like handmade soap?

1. CARIBQUEEN profile image74
    CARIBQUEENposted 6 years ago

Does anyone like handmade soap?

2. daisydaydream profile image58
    daisydaydreamposted 6 years ago

I LOVE IT!! I made some for christmas for my family. Alot harder to make then I had anticipated. So you have to appreciate all of the hard work that goes into it. Theres this company you can probably find on ETSY. Its called "Sages Botanicals", and the girls are great. The handmade soaps are unbelievable amazing.

3. JonnyEl profile image61
    JonnyElposted 6 years ago

I have some handmade soap; It's flavored like Strawberry papaya; It smells amazing!

4. Megsangel profile image59
    Megsangelposted 6 years ago

I love hand-made soap.  Especially the ones that people perfume and make into little shapes with patterns and the like.   They look lovely in a bathroom for guests and they are just lovely to have.   The other thing is the work that people go to to make handmade soap -- it makes you appreciate it more. 

Are you thinking of making soap yourself?

5. BubbleFairy profile image60
    BubbleFairyposted 5 years ago

It depends on the soap. I've used horrible handmade soap, and I've used great handmade soap. The horrible ones don't lather, leave skin feeling almost sticky or waxy, and turn to mush when they get wet. The great ones bubble profusely, rinse cleanly and are pretty hard (although all handmade soap gets soft if it's left in a puddle). I know that MY skin loves handmade soap- its softer, and definitely isn't dried out like it always was when we used to use Dove. Haha!! So much for 1/4 moisturizing cream!!!! I'd take a bar of good handmade soap any day.