jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you drawn to certain types of art more than others?

1. Danette Watt profile image85
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

Are you drawn to certain types of art more than others?

For instance, I'm attracted to metals and stonework more than I am to paintings or glass work.

2. warm_whispers profile image41
    warm_whispersposted 6 years ago

lovely .. but sure must be smart work also

3. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

For me I love oil paintings. The boldness of oils, as compared to the softness of watercolors, seem to drawn me into the paintings I view.

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i find art, in general is so over rated that i rarely even care to see any. part of my work involves art but it is art created to make a home nicer. paintings, most sculptures etc, are to me a joke. why is a painting worth more then a person makes in their lives is beyond me.

5. At Last profile image60
    At Lastposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! I am attracted to 3D work more often then any 2D work. I like more structure and understand it more then I do paintings. I have never understood paintings or 2D art like a lot of good artists do. Sometimes it just does not make any sense where 3D art just clicks with me.

6. golulugo profile image57
    golulugoposted 6 years ago

More than a particular material I'm often drawn to the content of a piece of work or a color schematic.  It doesn't really matter what the art is made out of, t I enjoy stuff with narratives/patterning/pop culture references. 

I find two dimensional works much easier to encounter on a day to day basis (paintings and photographs seem to be hanging everywhere these days, from coffee shops to book stores and bars), but I enjoy seeing large 3 dimensional public works as well.

7. twilanelson profile image61
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

When in galleries or museums I am most drawn to paintings, florals, landscapes, portraits, skylines etc. both oil and water color.  There are many forms of art I enjoy but I love to view painting most of all.

working