jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are handcrafted gifts still as important as they were when we were younger?

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Are handcrafted gifts still as important as they were when we were younger?

2. profile image0
    midnitessummerposted 6 years ago

It all depends on the person. I mean, this could be a yes or no question. TO me crafts mean more back when I was younger, because i had all the time in the world to do it. But dont get me wrong I like them as well now as I was young.

3. profile image0
    A.CreativeThinkerposted 6 years ago

I think that when you receive something that was handcrafted, for me anyways,
    it does mean more because someone took the time to make it. 

Vintage products are becoming quite popular these days.  They may be popular as gifts too. What's old is new again, depending on what it is.

4. Nancy B. profile image72
    Nancy B.posted 6 years ago

Too many variables left open on that question. To give or to receive? 'When we were younger?' Are you talking grade school? college? 20s?

Handcrafted is also different from homemade. Handcrafted means that the creator has some experience and skill in the craft and presents a beautiful or functional result.

Homemade means that while the item was completed successfully it doesn't have a polished look to it and may have significant, visible errors.

When it's the thought that counts, none of the details matter, then it's a gift representing the emotion between giver and recipient. When it's not the thought but another reason that generates the gift then the rules change completely and all details need to be thought of.