jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will I sew faster with practice?

1. billdowis profile image59
    billdowisposted 6 years ago

Will I sew faster with practice?

Last night I tried sewing for the first time ever. A little teddy bear out of an up-cycled t-shirt. Today I made a little plushie happy face kind of thing completely hand sewn. The happy face thing only measures about 3 inches across but took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to finish.

Do any of you sew plush toys by hand and how long does it take you to do a single project?

2. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

I can barely sew to save my life... my mother could sew anything.  She made stuffed animals that looked like they came from the store... and she did them very quickly... I would complain and she would say... you have to practice if you want to be good.  So I think the answer to your question is that... yes you will sew faster with practice.

3. shadowspyro99 profile image59
    shadowspyro99posted 6 years ago

I don't sew plush toys but I can sew different things and yes everything takes practice if you keep trying a little bit of it everyday.

4. Pasquale Grasso profile image61
    Pasquale Grassoposted 6 years ago

I personally don't do plushies or anything like that but if my mother who taught me to sew taught me anything is no matter what experience you have always go slow and take your time lest you get over zealous and make a mess of said project. Of course instead of heeding this I sped through a few shirts thinking I was a hot shot and they were horrid.