What causes Trump to behave the way he does?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (65 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 6 years ago

Below is a link to an article written by Trump's author for Art of the Deal.  It explains why Trump's behavior today was formed in his childhood and continues today.  It is very revealing and explains the rational that drives his behavior.

http://wapo.st/2pU2yRl?tid=ss_tw&ut … 8890f07e97

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, indeed, the account as provided here sounds like Mr. Trump to a "T".

Quite dangerous....

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Mostly true. When the person is the President of the United States, people talk a lot whether that person is a Republican or Democrat. It is both a need and a right.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You certainly have the right to focus on the individual and not the policies and ideas. It is a free country.

1. profile image0

Policies and ideas don't progress if the individual is unfit for office and incapable of governing effectively.

2. Don W profile image81
      Don Wposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The battle for the individual rights of women is one of long standing and none of us should countenance anything which undermines it.
      Eleanor Roosevelt

You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful – I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p**sy. You can do anything.
      Donald Trump

Anyone who thinks, must think of the next war as they would of suicide.
      Eleanor Roosevelt

Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?
      Donald Trump

Aren't quotes fun!

I didn't vote for Trump because of his comments on women. As a woman, I accept that I am a minority and I don't  use my minority status and how my particular minority will benefit the election of any particular candidate as a litmus test for voting one way or the other. I look at the major issues, how I think the candidate will approach them and I vote for the person I think will do the best for the country as a whole, not my particular minority. That said, I think you will see why I could care less about those types of quotes.

As to the other, context would help.

My point for the quote was easy to understand if you really, really try. Your point has nothing to do with mine.

1. Don W profile image81
          Don Wposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't care why you voted for Trump. My point is that if you put a sexist, racist, politically ignorant person in the White House, you will get sexist, racist, politically ignorant policies.

You did, and we have.

So I disagree with you (and Eleanor Roosevelt). When it comes to the office of the president, the individual absolutely does matter.

Could you share the sexist and racist policy decisions which have been made?

1. profile image0
              ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

We've got to stop expecting liberals to explain their fantasy formulated  obstructions against Trump . We're getting no-where with that . Their  just sore losers and not letting go of the Queen Hilary coronation .

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
                Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And we've got to stop asking right-wingers to explain why they support a narcissistic man-baby with poor impulse control who loves to grab pussies, it's like talking to a brick wall

2. peoplepower73 profile image90
                peoplepower73posted 6 years agoin reply to this

ahorseback:  When people like you can't contribute anything meaningful, they always point to Hillary and Obama.  I don't like Trump as a person.  It has nothing to do with Hillary losing the vote.  The sore loser thing is right wing propaganda.  Say it enough times and you will actually believe it.

1. profile image0

The fact that you "don't like trump as a person "....speaks for the entire arsenal of so many of the lefts deep intellectual  ability to recognise true  leadership qualities ,   too bad the kum-ba - ya effect can't transfer from a face book page to a  history book page ,    Not a  thread of evidence of wrongdoing  by Trump to criminal charges so we'll all just have to  decide whether we are  to "like" or "unlike"  a nations leader.

Kind of a politically shallow way of vetting any candidate over their in lib-land.

they don't like him as a person. That's the gist of it, and the sad part of it is they can't see how incredibly shallow that makes the arguments. It is the same as when Obama was in office. Much of the rancor from the right was against him, personally.

Until any of those on either side are willing to look into themselves and understand how much damage they do to the country with this inane chatter we will be wallowing in their disdain of the reality that the person they didn't vote for got voted in. I wonder how much we could accomplish as a country if, across the board, we the people would simply grow up.

2. peoplepower73 profile image90

ahorseback:  What democrat do you really like as a person and why do you like them? 

We don't have to decide anything about Trump. But Rod Rosenstien, the Deputy  Attorney General does, so does the House Congressional Oversight committee, the Senate Intelligence Committee, and the FBI.

Speaking of the FBI, you can bet your bottom dollar, he will try to appoint someone to head the FBI, that he can control.  That's his style of leadership: control, by coercing, lying, exaggerating, deflecting, diverting, distracting, and dividing, and conquering.

Are you so enchanted by this guy, that you don't even hear and see how he acts and what he says when he talks, or is it just you are in denial  with wishful thinking?  As I said before, you and the forgotten ones are in the minority when it comes to Trump's popularity as it continues its downward spiral. Let the investigations speak for themselves.

I hope everyone has noticed that Don cannot back up his accusation with any fact. One does wonder if he understands the definition of 'ignorant person'.

1. profile image0

Just out of curiosity, did you vote for Trump? Do you believe the quality of a person's character is necessary to successfully serve the Presidency?

I was more anti Hillary than pro Trump. Although I am fed up with Washington I would have supported Kasich had he won the nomination. I found him to be sincere and decent. I might have supported Bernie had he won the Democratic nomination and Trump had won the Republican. Not because of his policies (I didn't think Bernie had a snowball's chance of getting much of it done) but his honesty and sincerity were endearing.

And, no, I don't think quality of character is necessary. The best people don't run for president probably because of the cut throat negativity that is unleashed against them and every member of their family and the decent people who do run (Bernie and Kasich) get little traction in that environment (Kasich) because during the primaries it is more about the show than substance or get screwed by their party (Bernie) for being honest and sincere because that isn't what politics are all about.

So, the ones we do get to choose from are rarely those with the most character. Think of it this way. Had Kennedy run in this environment, with all of his philandering, would you have supported him? Do you think he was a good president? Look at Carter. With all of his good character, was he (in your opinion) a good president?

So said all of the Obama haters. And they believed they had a valid point just as much as you do.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

So who isn't a product of their childhood , I don't know if its a form of sub- intellectual jealousy , the  extroversion  of professional envy ,simply  celebrity jealousy  or what .  but anyone that's been around for a longer period of time in life and perhaps had a few  or many different employers and bosses knows full well that   the critiquing and downright hatred  of Trumps leadership style ,his  personality and  brilliance in  business success '  Is but one thing  - nothing but a pure immature ,sophomoric  envy of  greatness.

I don't really like Trump' personality , his image ,  or his way of speaking  but - a here are just a  few of his victories :

Trump completely outwitted  the RNC but   especially the DNC , in 2016 , congressional leaders of both parties , the entire mainstream media , the vast campaigning power of the incumbent  though apparently not so bright Pres. Obama and all his elitist political   manipulation   ALL of  hollywood's brightest and most outspoken activist's ,   Trump even completely outwitted and out meneuvered  the entire brilliance of the Clinton Foundation dollars and apparently totally  above the law - corruption machine . For god sakes he even outwitted  Bill Clinton  , Mr Charisma .

But keep bashing  Trump liberals as you have in the first one hundred days , in the meantime you can also ignore the  almost record book, improving of the economy , the  de-politization and saving of the supreme   court and return to constitutional  law  ,   the saving  of your precious  though failing  AHC act ,  the return to  a respect ofthe US by  foreign powers ,   the improved and , for once ,  actually acknowledged war on terrorism ,   the  firings and  de-politicizing of the  federal levels of the DOJ , FBI , ATF ,  CIA , IRS ,  Border Patrol , lowering of illegal immigrations ,   Already Trumps accomplishments are many and extensive   yet the blindness of the left is so selective .

4. peoplepower73 profile image90

ahorseback: In your first paragraph, if that is greatness, then I don't want anything to do with it.

In your third paragraph, everything you stated rings true with the article.  Trump sees everything as a contest that he has to win. If he doesn't then he is obliterated.  His victories are based on dividing and conquering, not unifying and leading.

In your last paragraph, What do you mean de-polarization of the Supreme Court? It is more polarized now than it has been for years and will continue to be for years to come.  What do you mean de-politicizing of the federal agencies?  They are more political than they have been for years. You are using buzz-words that are meaningless.

1. profile image0

First , No , what democrats want in leadership is Alinsky -Chomsky style divide and conquer and amount to nothing  as to progress , like Obama did .  Like Clinton would have ,
      - Increase the national debt  by two or three
      - Provide more economic entitlements for the lazy man paid for by the working man
      - The continued liberalization of the DOJ and soft on crime law enforcement .
      - Politicize the top depts. of government to favor liberal ideology;
        meaning  the DOJ , The high courts ,  the FBI on and on

Two "Dividing and conquering "? Seriously Peoplepower ,  And Obama didn't perform this " dividing and conquering " of America ?  And  that isn't the  mantra of the Clintons ?  Where have you been for thirty years ?

Three , Trump has balanced the supreme court with his choice and will continue to do so ,  All liberals ever want is to control the courts by  making them COMPLETELY liberal. I don't think I've ever even heard a liberal leader even say the word balance , by the way ,  I meant  de-politicize the courts  BY balancing the ideologies and not having a liberal majority .

Perhaps you can answer seriously a question for me ;   Why are liberals sooooo hyper- obstructionist against Trump  considering that he IS a Washington outsider  , NOT an establishment  political "leader " .  His proposed policies  would attempt to untangle  the mess of the federal government    across the board.  I mean  Haven't  American both dems and republican Voters been calling for an outsider  for decades ?

No one here  has answered THAT question for me . Care to try ?

5. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

What is really frightening about the linked article is that it's NOT an article written by a commentator who has never met Trump.  It's written by someone who has worked with him:

"Three decades ago, I spent nearly a year hanging around Trump to write his first book, “The Art of the Deal,” and got to know him very well. I spent hundreds of hours listening to him, watching him in action and interviewing him about his life."

Ït's frightening.  And I bet Ahorseback didn't even read the article.

1. profile image0

Actually Marisa , I did ,  and so what ?     I do find it all so ironic that so many people seem ,one one hand ,intrigued by Trumps iconic  business style AND also surprised that so many people actually  seem divorced from any recognition of what it takes to BE A  successful leader ,  a productive dictator  is definately part of the best business leaders  ,  I have worked for people like Trump ,  explosive tempers ,  a decisive  anal approach to the ," follow my  exact orders " style of leading ,   The truest form of true leadership is to actually have people tip -toeing around you  in  a highly loyal ,productive fashion, ..........One would think  that liberals never worked a layman's job position ?    Where productivity has to often be driven ,  forced , and yes even disliked .

This writer obviously has a literary  axe to grind ,    What's the matter , Trump "jew " him out of too much book deal profit ?   Did the book deal not reach a platinum sales level ?    I am always leary of  critics  of another in life , Why ?    Because more often than not , after learning of a pending meeting where  " You won't like so and so because he's a ......................"     I always found that it is the greater critics in life  who are the least tolerant of others .   

The author ?  Perhaps anything to make a name for himself  , God knows there are enough unemployed writers .

That's a very old-fashioned view of what it takes to be successful in business.  Leaders like that can be successful, but they can also drive their businesses into the ground - because people are too scared to tell them when they've made a bad decision.

And yes, I knew you would try to say the guy must have an axe to grind.  You always have an excuse for everything.  By the way, I find your use of the word "jew" to be highly offensive to my Jewish friends, but then I expect you'd love to see them all carted off to the gas chamber.  it would be consistent with the rest of your philosophy.

1. profile image0

Oh please ! ......."Highly offensive ", I too have cherished Jewish friends and they too use the term . Maybe part of today's  larger political climate is that we are all too easily offended  ?    That's why I used "parenthathies "   Marisa ,   It is a term many , many use  and understand .

Maybe in America. Not in other parts of the world

1. profile image0

Marisa , respectfully , I  grew up in a  small town in new England , working , playing and sharing and even inter-marrying in a life among Orthodox Jewish people who came here in the summer by the thousands as an escape from the cess -pools of traffic , crime and  crowds in New York City and New Jersey , I know how they speak , act and interact with others .  I can tell you this for sure , They are not as easily "offended " by common terminology  as many in these political  forums are  today  ,perhaps and  especially those on the left.

Thirty years ago is a long time. None of us are who we were thirty years ago. I'm not certain an arm chair psychiatrist with, as you said, 'an axe to grind' warrants a great deal of attention.

6. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 6 years ago

People - I disagree that Trump saw this position, the Presidency, as a contest that he had to win.
    Early on, I thought he was just toying with the idea, toying with D.C., but over time, after watching him in multiple interviews with multiple people, I began to see another side of him. No longer just saw his business persona or his celebrity persona, but began to see his unguarded human side....he like so many of us, was genuinely concerned about America's future and felt let down by an apologist President and fed up with career politicians in D.C. not seeming to give a damn about any of us, just their job security and their pet projects.
    I began to see him with an open mind and with new eyes.
    I enter these forums, comment occasionally, you don't know me from Adam.....well Eve, (I'm old school, there's definitely some differences there) but I think the Man should be given a chance. He hasn't even been in office  6 mos and people are ready to crucify him (they were ready to before he was elected, if we're being honest)
    For the good of the Country...it is time for the NeverTrumpers to stop nitpicking every little thing he does and see where the next 3+ years takes us.

7. peoplepower73 profile image90

ahorseback:  I don't like the man for all the reasons that are stated in the article link that I provided as the opening to this forum.  You read the article and your responses were nothing more than excuses for Trump's behavior. 

You are like a parent who has an unruly child but can't see it and makes excuses for their detestable  behavior.  I can't stand his behavior.  He lies, cheats, deceives, distracts,and diverts. 

Nothing is ever his fault and if he becomes threatened, he always blames others for his screw ups.  He uses name calling and insults like a child.  If he feels slighted, he says he was treated unfairly, just like a child.

He is a divider and conqueror.  He divided the news media by calling it fake news, except for Fox news.  He blames the "fake news" for his screw ups and calls it the enemy of the people.  Sounds like a dictator to me.

He makes a mockery of democracy and its traditions and norms. He may be doing things legally, but he doesn't care about the conflict it creates. He is a terrible role model for morality and ethics.   

He is a bully and counter attacks with 10 times the force of his opponent. He exaggerates and uses superlatives when they are not necessary other than for his own self aggrandizing. 

He sees everything as a zero sum contest where he is the winner, even if he isn't he will always be the winner in his mind. My sense about him has nothing to do with politics.  I think he is a pu**y grabbing,  maladjusted detestable human being, whether in politics or out of politics... who has brainwashed his supporters with the capacity to overlook his screw-ups and with false hopes that are not even in their best interest...aren't you glad you asked?

By the way, I could care less about Saul Alinsky and Norm Chomsky.  I would venture to say most liberals don't even know who they are.  That just comes from conservative propaganda that you regurgitate, but you don't even realize that.  Those references mean nothing to me and I'm sure to most liberals...you are wasting your breath.

+1,000

2. profile image0

peoplepower , Your last line speaks volumes  about liberals today !   I say today first because democrats were not always what they are today  , warriors  for entitlements from government sponsorship    dividers of ideology EVEN among themselves ,       There isn't now and hasn't been for years  any positive political progression among democrats , Nothing in fact , ever advances along the road of established political stagnation with democrats UNLESS  it first involves another entitlement  free to them except for the cost to the majority of real tax-payers..

Perhaps your biggest lie is that "Trump Divided  the Media ", that's  absolutely preposterous . Democratic political memory has for decades been non-existent ..  The media OWNS the left , lock stock and barrel .

You're right about one thing , as is the entire left when you say "YOU don't like the man "   You and other democrats" here and your face book " mentality of political maturity  is as obvious as a fly in the soup  bowl

The entire "Russian Collusion ".is another democratic ruse , except this . There is ONE Russian connection here today ,  it has existed for some time and that is that both  , Democrats and Russians  hate the American democratic - republic form of government . Both working side by side to obstruct  any progression of the American government  .

Peoplepower , Almost every line you write in these political forums has an underlying truth , the left participates in the democratic form of governing by hating it's way through the process .
      Congratulations though , the left's hatred is becoming the one ingredient to the bi-partisanship stagnation that feeds the american Congress and Senate.

Everthing that I write  above is MORE THAN EVIDENT by this obvious  example ,the undeniable  reality of  the thousands  of legislative seats lost across America in the last ten years , Senate , congress , the White House , state legislatures ,  local town and city offices .

The result ,the real America  is progressing  and the democrats, your party ,  is stagnating .

ahorseback:  You asked me why I don't like Trump and I told you specifically.  Everything I said about him cannot be denied.  So you reply with why you blame liberals for your perceived condition of this country.

Your first paragraph: entitlements, don't draw, your social security, or medicare

Your second paragraph:  Do you deny that Trump called the MSM the "enemy of the people" ?  Who do you think owns Fox news?  His name is Rupert Murdoch, an Australian who is in bed with Trump who controls not only our countries media but many  other countries media.

Third paragraph:  I don't like the man and I'm being truthful.  There are more people in this country that don't like him than do like him.  You and the "forgotten ones" are in the minority.  Why do you think his popularity ratings are so low? 

Fourth  paragraph:  We love the democratic- republic form of government.  I don't know where you get this nonsense from?

Fifth paragraph, I don't hate the process.  In the last eight years my forums have been about defending Obama from the obstructions of the republican congress.  The only thing they are good at is holding hearings, investigations, and obstruction.  They can't even get together to legislate, because they have been obstructing for so long. They have tried to make Obama Care very simplistic, but it is beyond their ability to do what they want and what the people want.

Sixth paragraph;  Are you kidding?  Republicans have gerrymandered the whole country in their favor.  There are now more republican governors than their have ever been.

Seventh paragraph:  Yes  we are stagnating, because republicans control the house, the senate, and the Supreme Court. There is no longer a balance of power to conduct the democratic-republican form of government you so revere.  The only thing that even comes close is the Special Council that the deputy attorney general has ordered to investigate the Russian collusion and to prosecute if criminal intent is found...you better hope Trump and his associates are clean.

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

This sums it up well, Peoplepower, you are truly a man of the people!

8. profile image0

If all goes as planned , the only thing liberals are going to end up with in the end , Is the all-supporting bias of a dying left-stream American news media , perhaps as the last democratic seats of the white house ,the senate , the congress ,  the governors , the state legislators ,  all go screaming and crying into oblivion . One small democratic  voice or two will still be left standing to explain the graphic details of such an incredible and well thought out political loss ;     

Lets see ;
    - Katy Perry
    - Al Sharpton
    - Nancy Pelosi
    - Barbara Boxer
    - Chuckie baby
    - Diane Fienstien
    - Maxine Waters
    - Elizibeth Warrren
    - Bernie Sanders
    - Oh please not Hilary again , I hear she's going" back into the woods" anyway.

Not much to chose from huh ? Perhaps , the problem has been  in the picking of your leaders .   My advice ,  change your tack  , put up another sail , steer for the only goal that can  possibly win,  honesty .

-
    -

ahrorseback:  That's all you got and you think Trump is honest?  You are living in a bubble my friend.

1. profile image0

Peoplepower , go ahead  and  don't be so afraid ,  make your prediction for the next great leader of the Democrats  !

9. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13535395.jpg

1. profile image0

We've finally reached an mass media information  point in America  where graphs ,  focus groups , polls  and  all the studies in the world mean absolutely nothing or absolutely everything ,    take your pick . All the more reason why one's own  instincts mean everything .

1. crankalicious profile image87
        crankaliciousposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's called relativism.

It's actually a very interesting point and not entirely untrue. But it also means that whatever stupid thing I believe, like that the sun revolves around the earth, for instance, is as perfectly valid as any other explanation for the rotation of the planets simply because I believe it.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

True.  Which is why we hear of ghosts, astrology, psychics and gods.

1. crankalicious profile image87
            crankaliciousposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Nice. We agree on a list of stupid things.

2. profile image0

Fox News intentionally appeals to the right and MSNBC intentionally appeals to the left. That's why you get the results in the attached chart.

1. profile image0

And yet both Fox and  Msnbc  and all of the rest are as biased and individually  agenda-ed as can be , you really believe the charts ?    It's not enough to pick our favorite outlet  without still relying heavily on our own judgement  for instance ,  I'm seeing more and more deception as I watch members of my own party  try to sabotage  Trumps progress  along with democrats  and the deep state ,  so still watching more than one outlet of media is increasingly important .

I still believe very little of most of them .  By the way , just heard on a radio show that about eighty -three percent of Trump voters still have high amounts of confidence in him .

1. profile image0

I'm sure they do. They don't want to admit they made a terrible mistake.

We have no evidence, as of yet, that a terrible mistake was made. Let's get past that point (if it happens) and see what voters think.

2. profile image0

Your terrible mistake is the incredible amount of OPEN  bumbling on the left , aren't you so proud of the exposed corruption in the DNC ?   How about the fact that even Wiki- leaks has turned against your pitifully distorted  ideology ?   How about that  even as we speak ,   Trump is exciting the rest of the political world with an incredible  strong showing in the middle east , Iran shaking in it's boots , Saudi - Arabia kissing his feet ,  the security of Israel once again  the focus  of  our foreign policy there ?

Obama must be quivering . Hilary crying ,  Bernie shaking , the media flip flopping ,   pretty soon even non voting liberals will be singing  God bless America again !

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
        Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Information means nothing when it tells you what you don't want to know.

1. profile image0

That too , there is nothing more dangerous than acceptance of one ideology  , mediocre group thought .

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Or, all too often, it means nothing when it tells you what you don't want to hear.  Or what you do want to hear but isn't true.

3. colorfulone profile image77
          colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I struggle some with learned helplessness, but believe that I am ascending.  It is a wonderful season to be alive.  I like real change from the status quo.  Its a new era and I like it.  We win!

America is divided in half and all hell is breaking loose.  Wait till the riots begin again about July.  Chaos, lots of chaos.

1. profile image0

I am heartened to know just where all of any summer violence and obstruction originates , You ?
            The chaos that you speak of , was non-existent from the right  even when we had eight years of a  socialist ideology "leading" us on an ever downward spiral ?

1. colorfulone profile image77
              colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I understand it is George Soros.

2. profile image0

Fox News has been very effective with its viewers in attacking the credibility of all other major media, and its viewers are mostly Republican.

That said, Fox is changing its tune now that Roger Ailes is gone. It is becoming more mainstream and less biased.

Trump has much more to worry about with the independents, who in your chart believe media more than Trump.

10. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

Live to Learn - You make a good point about Kennedy and Carter, both presidents in the days before 24-hour news cycle.  But the president will always be a role model for good or ill.  He is too much in the public eye to be anything else.

Maybe so, but maybe not. We all knew Carter was a good man but he was never considered a role model until many years after his presidency. So, I think a lot of this belly aching means very, very little.

11. profile image0

Even with today's  full time media coverage , people understand  far less the differences between images of reality or idea's born of fantasy hence all the false media and  phony ideology today , collectively  they  should be far more truly informed and far less fakingly offended or emotionally involve ,politically speaking .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)