jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do I often forget to photograph those family moments that become even more s

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Why do I often forget to photograph those family moments that become even more special with time?

When you have a photo in front of you of a happy moment, laughter and joy, you have proof positive that the event has been a treasured memory.

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think we get wrapped up in the moment enjoying it, living it, that we don't think about how much we would enjoy reliving it in future with a photo. I can't tell you how often I have had a wonderful family moment, only to realize later that no one took a picture. 

I guess the other side of that is the annoying relative who is always flashing you in the face, taking photos of each moment and preserving them - and we never get to see them!  LOL

3. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Ha, ha!  Good point!  I also know that sometimes the very same people who protested when I snapped the picture are often the biggest fans of them later, like my husband for example!  Since I am the one who cooks and serves the meal, usually photography gets shoved to the side.  But it should be a priority, shouldn't it.  Especially when we can snap shots with our smart phones - it's not so hard to manage.

4. Ed Michaels profile image77
    Ed Michaelsposted 6 years ago

When we are in the moment, we are in motion.  We are within it, moving with it, and so don't have the distance to think, hmm, I think if I stand right here and snap a pic it will capture the moment for me.  Living in the moment, it does not seem as if you are losing it as it happens: being a part of the event makes its transience invisible.  Looking at pictures of my son last Christmas, when he was four instead of five, it is remarkable to me now how much he has changed--how much taller he is, how much he has learned, how much less he needs me to put his toys together and play with him.  The day is coming when I won't even be invited to play with him.  I better get back to taking pictures.

5. sgbrown profile image96
    sgbrownposted 6 years ago

I think most of us are guilty of this.  We, as duffsmom said, get wrapped up in the moment.  However in the last couple of years, my family reminds me that they didn't bring their camera, would I take some pictures.   To resolve the "flash in the face", use a zoom lens and stand back away from your subject.  Take more candid shots, they are usually the best ones anyway!  I upload my pictures to Walgreens.com and can share them with my family from there.  I do my own printing, but can't print enough picturess to share with the entire family, so by using some place like Walgreens, they can order and pay for what pictures they want.

6. ravirajan profile image61
    ravirajanposted 6 years ago

We tend to forget but when that occassion comes or if we travel that particular place we regret of taking a picture, but still we remember about that and bring smile on the face or we call our loved once. we can cherished that movement.

7. Rain Defence profile image93
    Rain Defenceposted 6 years ago

Because it's not a habit. If you always have your camera with you and are constantly taking photos, then you will get into the habit of taking more photos.

8. profile image47
    watwasthequestionposted 6 years ago

It might just be because you're caught up in the wonderful moment but dont let that stop you from trying to remember these special moments

working