jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite flower to photograph and why?

1. sandy1973mypetdog profile image66
    sandy1973mypetdogposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite flower to photograph and why?

2. rahul0324 profile image82
    rahul0324posted 6 years ago

i have two choices.. roses and sunflowers.
    Sunflowers can bring out a vibrant array of emotions in photography
    Roses bring out emotions of love and passion very clearly if  photographed correctly

3. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I love to photograph all flowers.  However, when I was in Hawaii visiting a friend, I fell in love with Hibiscus flowers.  There are so many varieties and colors there! I was not aware of that until I saw them.  Good question!

4. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Well, I love all flowers, but my favorite would probably be the red rose-- it means so much and is so pretty!!

5. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I love taking photographs of sunflowers. they're big, brightly coloured, and just gorgeous. Seeing sunflowers just automatically make me feel a little happier. I love having them in my garden, especially the giant ones that are six feet tall. They definitely add height interest in the photograph, as well as a variety of colours.

6. Ana Teixeira profile image83
    Ana Teixeiraposted 6 years ago

my favourite flower to photograph is this one : http://escribalista.blogspot.com/2010/0 … icias.html in portuguese we call them "estrelícias" or "aves do paraíso" - translates to "Paradise birds". They are extremely beautiful and they are interesting. smile

7. David Legg 7 profile image73
    David Legg 7posted 6 years ago

Cherry blossoms. You can have an entire landscape of blossoms on a single tree. I have been fascinated with photographing them ever since seeing them in Washington, DC in my youth, and managing to capture some beautiful images of them back then.

8. sgbrown profile image96
    sgbrownposted 6 years ago

I would have to say that my favorite flower to photograph would have to be the sunflower.  They are so big and bright, they just make me smile.  There are so many ways to photograph them and they attract other things such as butterflies and birds, which I like to photograph also.

9. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

I love photographing flowers that offer a lot of contrast. I think my favorite flower to photograph would be the African Daisy. We planted them for the first time last year in our flower garden, and I love how "un-tamed" they look and the variety of color in the flower. I wrote a hub about photographing flowers a while back, and it includes a photo of the African Daisy. I love how the colors on this flower go from a dark center, to purple to a red-orange with yellow highlights.

http://dappledesigns.hubpages.com/hub/P … erspective

10. Cat R profile image75
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

I am a big fan of roses, but have found that a simple walk into my 'wild' back yard can give me plenty of 'targets' for my camera!

11. nifwlseirff profile image96
    nifwlseirffposted 6 years ago

All flowers! But particularly geraniums/pelargoniums and daisies - there are so many forms and colours in these groups of plants, and insects love them.