jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Which sense do you think is the most important and why?

1. wonderingwoolley profile image57
    wonderingwoolleyposted 6 years ago

Which sense do you think is the most important and why?

2. ByChanceTV profile image59
    ByChanceTVposted 6 years ago

I'm going say.... Common Sense.
    Because without out that, your other senses don't stand a chance..!

3. whizcreed profile image70
    whizcreedposted 6 years ago

The one you are missing is the most important one.

It is only obvious to take it for granted all the senses that we do have. Ask this question to a person who is unable to see, to him the most important sense is vision.

Similarly, world's richest man wouldn't care much for sense of money.

4. ergenzinger profile image79
    ergenzingerposted 6 years ago

Sight. I think it is the hardest to have to compensate for and work around.

5. calico Stark profile image59
    calico Starkposted 6 years ago

I think that peoples spiritual sense is most important. You must have an inward sense of where you are going or else you will always feel lost.

6. Frankracetteconsu profile image60
    Frankracetteconsuposted 6 years ago

Sight to me. Life without seeing a beautiful women must be terrible.

7. profile image51
    Syd Spauldingposted 6 years ago

Hearing. I literally COULD NOT live without the ability to hear and enjoy music. Everything else like food and sight and touch and stimulation and the ability to navigate comfortably through this plane of existence is exceedingly secondary to me. I can experience enough raw emotion out of one note than i could out of a million pictures, sights, feelings, you name it. I NEED to be able to hear. Oh, also, the JFK 50 cent piece was really cool (whatever happened to those??)

8. VidaLovesLife profile image75
    VidaLovesLifeposted 6 years ago

This is hard.  Which one?  Do you want to lose your ability to see wonderful sights, the face of your child, hear heavenly music, feel the touch of your loved ones, smell fresh baked brownies conjuring warm memories of your childhood or taste the symphony of ingredients bursting on your palate?

All is important.  I can't pick one.  But if I have to - Sight.  Sight gives us the ability to process the outside world and how we need to act and react quickly.  May be the most important to keep us safe and alive more than the others.

9. DrMikeFitz profile image60
    DrMikeFitzposted 6 years ago

i know that if had to give one up i would choose smell. while i can appreciate the fella who wants to view the beautiful women and keep his sight, without the ability to have touch sensation would be the most difficult for me.

why? touching and being touched by my wife seriously sends me. caressing and being caressed.