jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is very important while drawing a picture?

1. Shake Shah profile image70
    Shake Shahposted 6 years ago

What is very important while drawing a picture?

I am not so skilled in drawing. but I loves to draw. If you are a great drawing artist, what is your advice to me, while drawing.

2. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Nothing is that important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Draw or paint what you like and have fun!

3. amwalsh profile image70
    amwalshposted 6 years ago

Practice. Draw what you see not what you think you see. There are many books that help develop your skill, browse the bookstore for them.  Never compare your work to others because your work is unique in your way.  As Rutley says, "have fun with it."

4. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 6 years ago

Hello Shake Shaw, there are plenty of "How to Draw" articles here on Hub Pages under Topics - Arts and Design - Drawing. Hope that helps. Regards, snakeslane.

5. wymyczak66 profile image93
    wymyczak66posted 6 years ago

If you start drawing and you're just not feeling it, stop and come back another day to try again. If I'm not in the mood to draw, it doesn't matter how long I sit there, it's just not going to come out right. If I come back in a day or so and try again, I usually end up with much better results.

6. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

Draw the shapes you see, not what you think the shape should be.
    Be attentive to keep the proportions correct, and at the end all the shapes and forms will just make sense.
    Like for an eye, focus on curves, triangles, ovals, darks and lights. Forget it's an eye. 
    Sometimes it helps to draw upside down too.

7. Bmm209 profile image58
    Bmm209posted 6 years ago

I think trying different types of artwork will help out in drawing other types.
    For example, I think learning how to draw realistically will help you out in drawing manga.

8. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

This may be strange try to draw a perfect circle so you can practice control.  I think the most important part of drawing is getting the shapes exactly how you want them to look and next making the shadow fall correctly.

working