jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have any tips for taking photos of animals in a zoo?

1. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

Do you have any tips for taking photos of animals in a zoo?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Don't put your head through the bars, especially of the lion's cages.

3. sgbrown profile image95
    sgbrownposted 6 years ago

Hello dappledesigns!  I love taking pictures at the zoo.  For most people that is one of the few places you can take pictures of wild animals.  Here are a few tips the I will give you, however, I have recently written a hub on taking better pictures at the zoo. I would be happy for you to read my article and get your opinion on it. It has really done quite well.

The first thing I would recommend is, if you have a camera with zoom capabilities, that would be the best camera to take to the zoo.  You want to get some good close up shots of the animals. You have to watch the "junk" in the background also. You want to crop out things like the fences of enclosures when possible. Take some wet wipes, such as Windex wipes to clean the glass on some of the enclosures before taking pictures through them.

There are many more tips I could give you, however, my hub will expound more on my tips and there are some pictures also. You can find my article here on HubPages. It is titled How to Take Better Pictures at the Zoo.

4. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

Here's a few tips-

1. Make sure the lens cap is off.
    2. Have plenty of memory/film
    3. Use the appropriate setting for the lighting
    4. Flash can scare animals
    5. Don't lean over the bars or get too close, you can fall in or even have some animals steal your stuff.
    6. Never face the with your camera- glare and shadows can ruin your shot

5. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

Don't cross the safety railing. And, try to capture animals without bars and mesh coming in between.

working