jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Did you ever make a handmade product and sell it?

1. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

Did you ever make a handmade product and sell it?

2. Stephanie Henkel profile image95
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

Yes, I did. I used to be a china painter and sold many different kinds of handpainted items at art and craft shows and conventions. Sometimes the paintings were on plaques that were framed, other times I painted small discs and made them into jewelry. I enjoyed the painting as well as the interaction with the public at the shows.

Another thing that we did as a family was to make homemade jam and maple syrup (see my hub on making maple syrup)  to sell at a local farmer's market. It was a great experience for our kids as well as a money making venture.

3. MimiKat33 profile image76
    MimiKat33posted 6 years ago

Yes I have.  I create cards and sell them online.  People are very happy to be able to get homemade cards.  I also design and create jewelry which I have also sold.  If you love doing it; makes the day so much nicer.

4. galleryofgrace profile image79
    galleryofgraceposted 6 years ago

Over the years I have created many many things. Some were my own designs and creations. I have sold at craft shows, flea markets, yard sales and  several places online.  I've just about done it all.
    Bead work, crafts, crocheting, drawing, painting, sewing, writing  and more.  I'm still involved in a lot of different artistic activities.

5. brsmom68 profile image87
    brsmom68posted 6 years ago

Yes, I have. I have made quilts, afghans, plastic canvas items, crocheted hats and other crocheted items, sewn items and the list goes on. I have sold them at Farmer's Markets, Mini Markets, privately and currently have several items at a shop in our town. I have also sold some items on ebay, which has been nice.

If you're asking the question, I'm presuming you are considering doing the same. If so, good luck! It takes time for people to learn about your crafts, but setting up at a market or craft fair will help get the word out.

6. mary615 profile image91
    mary615posted 6 years ago

I made Amish Friendship Bread and sold it in order to make money to send my child to Japan on a school trip.  It was definitely handmade from start to finish.

7. Suzie ONeill profile image74
    Suzie ONeillposted 6 years ago

Yes, I'm a big fan of Etsy. I like to list my completed craft projects on there. I've sold a few hand painted signs and sewn items.

working