jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which form of art is the best representation of life?

1. KeithJK profile image60
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

Which form of art is the best representation of life?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Sidewalk art, because people walk all over it.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I think probably photography because nothing hides from the camera.  It captures things as they are and so much can be seen when studying old photographs.

4. DeanCash profile image59
    DeanCashposted 5 years ago

Anything, art is obviously a reaction to life - It's how you perceive (as an artist)  things in life, whether it is photography, paintings, etc.

5. Lisas-thoughts101 profile image60
    Lisas-thoughts101posted 5 years ago

I think it would be self centered to choose just one form of art. I, of course, want to say writing because I am a writer and I believe the truth comes through words but then duffsmom may be write about it being hard to hide from the camera.  And isn't music a reflection of its society? So, art is art and all of it is so infused with life.... that is what makes it art.  In my opinion.

6. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

I would argue that the best representation of one's life is their significant associations contained within their brain. Now those associations can be brought out in many forms of art namely, words, songs, sketches, paintings, sculptures, dances and perhaps, if you will even various psychological assessment results. Which could appear as a sketch, words etc. Therefore, I would say it is highly dependent on the mind of the beholder, however, if the art is not revealing a significant association then perhaps it is void of life...