jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How to promote a etsy shop?

1. Stickypony profile image75
    Stickyponyposted 5 years ago

How to promote a etsy shop?

How do you promote your etsy shop? What ells then Facebook and pinterest promotion do you use?

2. sparkleyfinger profile image91
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

Social media sites can be a great way to promote your etsy site, if they are used in the correct way. For example, ensure that you target the proper types of people... I also use my blog to promote my products and you can actually set a shop up in which you avoid the etsy fees, although paypal may charge you.

But, to answer your question without sidetracking, you can use adsense to advertise your page. You can set a daily budget from pennies to pounds, or cents to dollars per day, and they will appear whenever someone searches for your keywords. A bit of investigation into keywords and popularity would help. Google sometimes even send out free vouchers for a new website.

Other than that, you can ask friends who have businesses or blogs to advertise your store on their site. If you are not a direct competitor, I don't see what the problem is. In return, you could do the same for them??

You could also get some leaflets printed up and distribute them at fun days, or craft events. The old methods sometimes are the best! Use a promotion code to get 10% off with the leaflet to test whether it is a viable way of attracting customers... (and perhaps increase your prices slightly to balance it out?)

Good luck!

1. Yolanda Petillo profile image60
      Yolanda Petilloposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good advice. Thanks Yolanda

3. Neinahpets profile image87
    Neinahpetsposted 5 years ago

sparkleyfinger has great advice... and another one is if you write hubs related to what you have in your etsy shop (for instance if you write an article about wedding invitations and you sell wedding invitations) then link to a few wedding invitation shops on the net and include your own etsy shop in the link... great promotion there!

4. Amanda108 profile image93
    Amanda108posted 5 years ago

The best thing to do is join the available Etsy teams that are relevant to your interests and market and product. You all support each other by being active and when you promote fellow team members' items they promote yours right back.

You can also make treasuries and, again, people might make treasuries that include your items right back. (A treasury is a list on Etsy of specific items that all have some sort of theme. Etsy picks a treasury to decorate the home page with every day).

working