Do UK Crocheters make beautiful thread creations today for their homes as in ye

1. Morrellene Davis profile image56
    Morrellene Davisposted 3 years ago

Do UK Crocheters  make beautiful thread creations today for their homes as in yesterdays?

I am looking for Magic Crochet magazines or any other magazines you offer that are close to being the same.  I love to make doilles of the  vintage type using lots of color.  I get bored with table cloths and bed spreads.  I do not care for fillet crochet.  I love to get free patterns even though they are harder to crochet.  Is there a difference in your United Kingdom termonology
    of English compared to USA terms for stitches such as sc=single crochet, dbl=double crochet? I have been crocheting for 40+ years.  Thank you.

2. lostohanababy profile image60
    lostohanababyposted 3 years ago

My adopted Mother when she was alive, and I was a little girl, I remember her crocheting a little every day, she had lady friends at the church, and they had formed a 'crafts circle' at the church.  They would get together in between times of family and home duties.  Mother had little booklets and patterns, that were; Greek, Spanish, French, and English, origins in their pretty designs.  She tried to get me interested, but I was too busy at playing with my dolls and other little girls at that time when I was 5 years old.  At that time I lived near Ontario and Toronto, Canada.  There were a few few friends of my parents that lived there.  I remember being impressed of the beautiful hand made croched items in their homes.  Some were even framed nicely on the walls as art .  The more Heirloom patterns are the hardest to acquire, but they are very beautiful, if you have patience and the time to do them.   Check on the internet..for specific magazines that offer Crocheting as a craft form of art for the home.....