jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you sell digital 'how to files' online or do you think writing an e-book is a

1. sallybea profile image99
    sallybeaposted 24 months ago

Do you sell digital 'how to files' online or do you think writing an e-book is a better option?

If you sell files, which platforms have been the easiest to use and the most successful? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12736693_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 24 months ago

I've posted how to articles as Hubs and sold them as Amazon Kindles.
    The Amazon Kindles sell a little at a time, but sometimes sell. But it takes more work to promote it.
    The advantage of Hubpages is that if you can get some viral marketing or good Google positioning, the content generates ad revenue over time.
    The same is true of my science fiction and horror books and ebooks relative to stories posted on Hubpages. I've made more from books when going on book signings, but the time investment reduces the value of that versus online discussions about stories posted as Hubpages.

sallybeaposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Interesting, I was thinking of maybe selling something like a digital felting tutorial on my Etsy store where someone pays to download it.

3. Elderberry Arts profile image96
    Elderberry Artsposted 23 months ago

I have lots of 'how to' hubs. I also write jewellery making tutorials which I sell as Kindle books and PDFs through Etsy and a jewellery making site. I have found Etsy the least successful but I do only have a few tutorials on there compared to the other sites. For me Kindle has the most sales each month.

sallybeaposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Hello Clair,
      That is exactly the info I was looking for.  Do you offer one or more tutorials at a time and do you have any pricing suggestions for me?  I think I will have to go exploring.  Thank you so much.

2. Elderberry Arts profile image96
      Elderberry Artsposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Generally I offer one tutorial at a time but I have a few that have more than one. I would say pricing depends on the content and if you are using Kindle it does suggest prices for you based on similar book sales.

3. sallybea profile image99
      sallybeaposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Claire, I will check Kindle Boots out, thank you.

4. MBurgess profile image89
    MBurgessposted 19 months ago

I have my book published as articles, print on demand, Kindle, and PDF download. The download directly from my site has generated more income than the others combined. It was a bit of a hassle to set up the payment through a popular service, but worked well once it started running correctly. I had to post a disclaimer to indicate that this was an electronic delivery, not a physical book. Be very specific with your product. Good luck with your publishing!

working