jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do you express your creativity?

1. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 24 months ago

How do you express your creativity?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12761870_f260.jpg

2. Snakesmum profile image81
    Snakesmumposted 24 months ago

Mostly by writing on either HP or my own sites.

I have done some painting and drawing, but don't have a lot of talent in that field, I just enjoy doing it.

3. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 24 months ago

I have several ways of directing my creativity.
    The main one is in channelling several skills into writing a series of historical novels about the 'Conquest' era of English history (before the Normans started out on the rest of Britain). The vocabulary and terminology is different, place names sometimes bear no relation to modern-day geography, and the lie of the land was different. Geographical features were described differently - still are, between north and south, east and west - and the land was much more forested. Transport was on a horse or ox, behind a horse or ox - or on water.
    People had greatly different names - most no longer used - and those names still in use were spelled differently. Then there's the involvement of outside parties or nationalities involved: Welsh, Irish, Scots, Norse, Dane, Norman, Breton, Frankish, Icelandic... and so on.
    In short my research skills needed sharpening before I could start to write.
    Whilst I write I need to check my Thesaurus (online and/or paper) for alternative expressions/words. Other sources used are a copy of Domesday and the Chronicles, atlases to show the relationship of locations mentioned in the narrative/dialogue and maps showing the trackways and old Roman roads still in use in the 11th Century.
    As an escape from all this i have my steam era railway modelling.with its own vocabulary.

1. elayne001 profile image78
      elayne001posted 24 months agoin reply to this

whilst I read your answer, I noted how much you and I are alike, yet unalike

You are incredulously insightful whilst I am comparatively shallow - you have opened my eyes to new depths of creativity

4. brutishspoon profile image67
    brutishspoonposted 23 months ago

I write and create digital art work. My mood is often reflected in my work.

5. ToxixicaFree profile image73
    ToxixicaFreeposted 23 months ago

I'm learning to fall in love with my creative side again that died away a long time ago when I lurched into the dull norm of corporate work and public service. Recently I've really been enjoying sitting down with a blank stretched canvas and some oil pants and blending and meshing colors into an abstract expressionist piece and then giving my works away as gifts. I'm a little rusty from my art classes days, but it brings me some joy!

working