jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Adobe Illustrator: Where to start from?

1. Olympia Powell profile image61
    Olympia Powellposted 23 months ago

Adobe Illustrator: Where to start from?

I want to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator but I really don't know where to start from.

2. Boundless Amber profile image84
    Boundless Amberposted 23 months ago

Hi Olympia! I hope it's not too late to give my reply. Skillshare has a lot of pretty high quality tutorials on Illustrator. I learned to control the damn pen tool on skillshare, which I'm grateful for. You do have to pay for their subscription plan for premium classes (which are most of the classes), BUT newcomers do get 3 months of skillshare for only $0.99 (which is totally worth it because you learn something new and practical every hour of using Skillshare, depending on which classes you choose to take). Then later if you learned all you have to learn, you can cancel your membership before the 3 month period, which was what I did. Or, you could start learning from youtube, but a lot of youtube tutorials are a pain in the butt to understand. Skillshare: http://skl.sh/1QZYe9a

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to learn Illustrator? You want to become a graphic designer?

If you need more info you can check out my hub ("Top Online Learning Sites Review") where I posted a review on Skillshare and some classes I recommend. However, don't feel obligated to.  smile

Hope this helps!

1. Olympia Powell profile image61
      Olympia Powellposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Hi Amber!
      It's absolutely not late)Thanks a lot I'll have a look o Skillshare, though I don't really like services where you have to pay. But, as I understood it is worth of it)

2. Boundless Amber profile image84
      Boundless Amberposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Cool! I wish you the best of luck! Spoon graphics (youtube channel) may help you with your process. He focuses more on illustrator techniques, but my fav graphic design youtube channel is karen kavett.

3. Olympia Powell profile image61
      Olympia Powellposted 23 months agoin reply to this

I hope I'll do it)
      Actually I have a fine art education, though I've never worked with Adode programs. So, it's time to learn something new!

4. Boundless Amber profile image84
      Boundless Amberposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Learning to do things digitally has its pros and cons. I try not to rely on software that much when I'm working on my projects because everyone's doing the same thing. Illustrator is a great tool to have in your arsenal! I am weak in fine arts.

working