jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

September 11

1. Randy-johnson profile image52
    Randy-johnsonposted 9 years ago

This horrible event happened seven years back.
    Many innocent people died in the terrorist attack.
    I felt so bad when all of those good people died.
    On September 11, 2001 millions of Americans cried.
    A whole nation was broken hearted on that horrible day.
    Those people are still missed seven years after they passed away.
    They were killed by terrorists who were cowards.
    It was hard to say goodbye to those who perished in the World trade towers.

(DEDICATED TO ALL OF THE GOOD PEOPLE WHO DIED 9-11-01.)

2. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 9 years ago

Randy,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, as that was very nice.smile

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 9 years ago

Now, some Americans seem to have forgotten the horrors... because, their kith and kin would not have been affected.  It is human to feel sorry for those killed in a great tragedy.  But I think people are politically and morally divided while condemning terrorism.
    Here in India, politically and morally sensitive people use to see the horrors in the websites.
    Be it George Bush or anyone else, all would have gone that way.
    If any American (US) can remember, I draw attention to 1980-81. Ronald Reagan, waiting to take over as President of USA, declare that his first action would be on Iran, which held more than 100 American hostages. Before becoming President, the 144 hostages were released a day before he took over as President. Such firmness will only help in dealing with terrorism. Not a free debate, which will give loopholes to terrorists and their advocates.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, it was 49 hostages released by Iran on 20-1-1981 at while the transfer of Presidency from Carter to Reagan was going on.  V.O.A., broadcasting live the ceremony of  transfer of charge, announces the release of 49 US hostages, held by Iran for 444 days. They were first flown to a West German airbase and then to USA. They were then received by Carter, at Weisbaden.

4. aka-dj profile image77
    aka-djposted 9 years ago

Not sure why this post is on the Art forum.
    India is now directly affected by terrorism! Much closer to home VS. (?)

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not now only. All the terrorists are around us..... making headlines frequently.  Those who cannot build a structure of their own have no right to destroy huge buildings and monuments of other countries.

1. AEvans profile image80
        AEvansposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree with you on that!!!

5. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 9 years ago

I don't mind if it is here, as it was quite poetic Ibelieve it is better then someone wanting to discuss nude pictures to place on HubPages. smile

6. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 9 years ago

AEvans: We Indians always use to burst out during an emotional occurrence.  The next day we cool down and use to go to our work.  The leadership here think that these are normal in a big country. But, if Indira Gandhi was there at that time, she would have turned everything upside down and cleared the mess.  Her firmness only is needed now.  The terrorists, their mentors, their patrons, their admirers are nothing for India, if the leadership is firm.  (You can see a debate about Mumbai bombings in www.ndtv.com in which people of Mumbai are so angry and call for the destruction of  terrorists' camps in West Kashmir,  Pakistan, Bangladesh and China.)

working