A crane collapse killed almost 100 people in Mecca's mosque on September 11.Is this a sign from God?
Considering the Saudi links to the terrorist attacks of Sept 11, including being the birthplace of Osama bin laden, it seems 'almost' like divine justice that the most important symbol of the ideologies of the terrorists saw death and destruction on the anniversary of the attacks. May the victims' souls rest in peace.
1) Any God who punishes the innocent to get revenge on the guilty is not worth believing in or worshiping. Such a God is evil in the extreme.
2) If you believe that God punishes the dead than God is ALREADY getting revenge on those who perpetrated 9/11 since Osama Bin Laden and many of the terrorists involved are now dead not to mention the actual hi-jackers themselves who martyred themselves.
3) If this is God's revenge he did a piss poor job because September 11th killed way more than a hundred people and was fourteen years ago meaning it took God a long time to get off his butt and do something. Also, unless you want to argue all these people were terrorists, it is an evil revenge because it attacks the innocent (as mentioned in number 1)
4) I'm not sure if you mean let these victims rest in peace or let the victims of the attack on the US rest in peace. I hope it is both but given the bent of the question I am not sure.
Celebrating the death of innocent human beings is sick so if this event gives you some sense of satisfaction, pleasure or justice and if this is the kind of God you believe in it does not reflect well on your character.
Unless you were just asking this question to stir things up.
1. Dunno if God exists. 2. Ditto. 3. I was thinking 'symbolic' more than 1-for-1 4. I was thinking crane victims,but yes, 9/11 victims, too. What 'celebrating', 'pleasure', 'satisfaction'? You are jumping to way too many conclusions, just calm down.
No, it is not a sign from God, it's a terrible accident that happened to be on the 11th September. These people are innocent who happen to be from the same part of the world as people the USA was at war with. If you really believe God controls things like that for revenge of something that happened thirteen years ago, you're very sadly mistaken. What an idiotic thing to ask.
1. US is not 'at war with' Saudi Arabia - it's the US's best ally in the ME. 2. Muslims from all over go to Mecca, not only arabs like you suggest. 3. You know what God controls? You should've stopped at 1st line of your answer - the rest is idiotic.
One cannot not wonder at the sort of intelligence which would even contemplate such a thought. That's like saying Japan, or Thailand, or Indonesia, or any number of a lot of countries aroused 'the wrath of God' which then 'punished' a few million people for the misdeeds of possibly a few hundred. What rubbish!
As I've mentioned before in these Hub Pages, read Neale Donald Walsch's best seller, 'What God Wants.' I refer to the A5 paper-back copy published by Hodder & Staughton in 2005. Look particularly at pages in Chapter 13.
You'll either understand the message or remain 'in that mind' which asks such questions.
I was going by how certain muslims claim natural calamities as 'signs from Allah'. The tsunami example you quoted deliberately ignores the coincidence of date. Asking any question is not a stat of mind, but a request for opinion. Don't overreact.
Not quite 'repeat version' in that it wasn't deliberate. I don't know about God, so I can't really blame Him. In fact, the 'wrath of God' was suggested to me by some Shia muslims, a possibility that I think never occurred to previous commenters.
Surely that can't be the best death your imagination can give you! Are you really 'struggling' to find a better way to die, or is it some sorta, I dunno, attempt to elevate an horrific accident in the place you'd considered immune to such things?
I agree, of course, that no one wishes for loved ones' deaths. I was just commenting on how if the mosque had collapsed instead of the crane, then (according to the 'sunnah' you quoted), the victims would be martyrs - that's what they'd hope for.
Well, that's obviously a big stretch, bordering on.... well, you say it. A building is a building is a building. A crane is a vehicle, not a building. Anyway, whatever helps you think they are now 'martyrs', I guess.
Considering the number of innocent people killed by gunmen, isn't it time guns were banned?The recent murders at the movie premiere were in a long line of multiple murders by gunmen - some occurring in schools. ...
Sanaa, YemenFour suspected al Qaeda militants were killed in Saturday night when a U.S. drone struck their vehicle in southern Yemen, four Yemeni Defense Ministry officials said.They are burning an American flag in...
goodayyeah, I am writing about it about what Americans being avoided by attracting them mostly by the new unusual presidentI am not Palestinian but humanNOW LETS GET BACK TO OUR MAIN FOR TODAYdo you think...