Iranians terrorists funded by the US!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (129 posts)
  1. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

The US officially removed the MKO (people's Mujahedin of Iran) from its blacklist of terrorist organizations. The same ones who recently killed Iranian scientists. The same organization that was trained, that is funded by the US, Israel and Saudi Arabia. The US administration just gave them the authorization to commit act of terrorism in their name against Iran and not be pursued, I guess!
    Are we fighting terrorism or are we nourishing it?

1. innersmiff profile image66
      innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Terrorism serves the US government equally well as a scapegoat for its imperialism and a tool to undermine governments that are in their way, for example, Syria, Libya and Iran.

maxoxam41posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Few people understood it. I am happy to see that the younger generations (like you) are less gullible and more informed! It is also interesting that most of the people that will agree with me are foreigners. What does it mean as for our freedom of speech? Democrats refuse Obama's evil side as if as a young, Afro-American president he couldn't kill innocents around the world!

1. tammybarnette profile image60
          tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So did we not use this same group, same ploy at least 30 yrs ago backing Iraq against Iran...Is this not politics as usual...I believe most know, but do not say they we are every bit a terrorist nation as any, right?

Now we have a more realistic view of what the US is doing. It is fair to give to Obama a fair shake of what his administration is. He is as much of a terrorist as Bush was. I am not fooled by his Geithner's inspired economical policy and international neoconservative involvement. If he fooled me for the first election, not for the second! Either he speaks for the people, either he doesn't. His first tenure of the oval office said it all!

a

Yes???

2. tammybarnette profile image60

I have been trying to post here all day, we had some tremors from an earthquake in nearby Kentucky today, so maybe that is why my computer is freaking out, who knows, but I wil give it another try

Obama has always reminded me of a Republican President as it relates to Foriegn Affairs, although I am a Democrat I am not appalled as most are because I believe the situation in the Mideast will likely explode and I feel safer under a President who has shown strengths in this situation...that being said, I am worried about what happened in Libya and news I have been reading abroad...I can conceive the possibility that our Government and the Obama Administration are doing what must be done with the information available to them. I can also conceive that money and power and the pipeline are the true drivers...What I will not conceive is that the Obama Administration is pure evil and completely different than all others which is the way the right likes to spin this.

As a country we will be much safer with a crippled Iranian economy...we will be safer if we have alliances in the Mideast. If we as a country continue to lose more power, a weaker dollar, a divided country, etc we are sitting ducks for an unheard of before, full on attack, a world war of Muslims and Christians.

Please do not think that I can stomach the thought of what has happened and is happening to the civilians, especially the children, of the Mideastern countries. I pray for peace always. I guess in my older age with so many children of my own, I would rather know we have a strong leader to make decisions I could never make in order to remain free and safe. Selfish? Yes...Wrong? I'm not sure...

1. recommend1 profile image61
                recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

None of the mid-east states ever threatened the US until they were destabilised and attacked - for the financial benefit of the US in respect to resources.   The need to demonise Islam as the  'enemy' so that the American public can blind themselves to the murders and atrocities carried out in their name, coincided with the aggressive kristian elements in the US and their actions and words - to create the required conditions for terrorism.

It is irrelevant whether Obama is complicit in the continuation of this reprehensible course of foreign policy, he cannot take on the huge US military complex and its super rich suppliers - that is one of the key players in American politics.  You are not so far removed from a military dictatorship as you would like to believe.

I honestly do not believe, if they are trying to convince they are failing misserbly, that our "establishment" is trying to demonize muslims...the crew that just lost the election have tried to paint that ugly picture and call Obama a muslim, you see how well that worked...I have always believed we are truly helping some at least, to achieve democracies, but present times are suggesting that democracies are not being built, and ours is hanging by a thread...I can not fathom the complexities of running a government but I do know they all turn gray in 4 years...I also know that Obama is shrinking the military, at least that is part of the plan he has campaigned on, I have always thought we are ruled by coorporations, the guys who own the media...Big Brother...but I do see your point, if indeed we are not helping to establish democracy, free elections, etc and we are just bullying, you are correct that we would be asking for it(terrorism)...but of course if we are attacked, 9/11 we easily come together as a country and therefore without question, follow our leaders (Bush)...I am sure you are right that we are deeper in than my rose colored glasses allow me to see so I can still believe I am free...

1. recommend1 profile image61

I think it is more insidious than rose coloured glasses - the atrocities around the world on your behalf all help to keep you in your current state that may or may not be one of freedom.     What is unreasonable is that keeping so many others in a state of poverty or in a warzone only keeps your standard of living a couple of points higher, maybe.    For your owners it keeps them in billions of dollars, this is of no benefit that is to you as they use it to control every aspect of life, including trying to buy this last election by putting up a candidate as horrendous as Bush and paying huge sums of money to advertise and fake up reasons why he is better for you.  On top of that the wealth is used to fund the disinformation machine of the media so that you don't even have true information to work on when deciding if you are free and what that freedom costs if it exists at all.

2. maxoxam41 profile image64

I totally agree with you.

3. profile image0
                  EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

^^^^This

Although I'd refine that last paragraph a bit and say that Obama (or Romney, if he'd won) is *part* of that dictatorship, rather than separate from it.

I doubt if anyone gets to be "leader" of any Western country without having bought into the power structure, whether consciously or not.

You may be right, I sure hope not...

What bothers me the most is that the decisions that are made are not for our security but only for personal interests, one to exploit oil or gas, the other to sell weapons. Any international political move doesn't have the objective to protect the US but to threaten our stability. Did Iran, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan attack us? No. So, in what way are they enemies? Because the media said so? I can't agree with their approach and perceptions. It is the reason why I am searching for independent info.
                Obama is nothing less than a puppet obeying to the corporations. Where is his famous motto "yes, we can"? Flush down the toilet! I used to think that our presidents were influenced by lobbies but, now, I tend to believe that they are controlled by them hence the difficulty to pass bills.

I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but I do think Obama is different and that is why the right wing, deep pockets and media set out to destroy him...I am not any type of Foriegn Affairs expert, but just a regular small town kinda girl, I would think a banning together of the Mideast would be dangerous for the entire world, not only the US

You can't justify your lack of knowledge by being a small town girl. You have access to the web, to independent news if you wish... I am not a foreign expert neither but with research, information, thinking, questioning you find a truth that people agree upon, our government doesn't aim at our happiness but at the corporation's.
                    Knowing the explanation of the several events that became part of our history have a more rational meaning that the one given by our media. It belongs to you to select and inform yourself. But to believe that the US lives for us, it is pure illusion and lies.

3. CMHypno profile image80
                CMHypnoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

'As a country we will be much safer with a crippled Iranian economy'

So it is OK to keep a country of around 75 million people on its knees so that you can sleep easier in your bed at night? A country that is composed of families just like yours - mothers, fathers, children, grandparents?  Iranian families have just as much right to be able to live prosperous, healthy, long lives as Americans.

How would you feel if you thought that another large power was deliberately crippling the US economy, because they viewed you as a threat?

Isn't it time that we all thought more inclusively about all the nations and people of the world, and pulled together so that every human has a home, work, education and medical care and then the world could become a peaceful place.

I did end that statement by saying that I can't bare the thought of the suffering civilians, especially the children...if we as civilians are misinformed about the closeness of capacity to nuclear weapons in Iran then that is another story...However, it is to my understanding that the crippling sanctions are in place because of the Iranian refusal to stop building nuclear technology...we are also informed that Iran has the goal of blowing Isreal off the map...So, yes, I stand by my statement...Of course I want world peace, but I truly do not see the Iranian Government working towards that end.

It is where the US people should aim - to respect other countries that prosper- and not target them as peril to our well-being because, we, all, know that it is untrue. Since Sept 11, I refused the narrative given by our government and our media concerning the world or more precisely the middle east.

I agree, for respect among countries, It would be nice to see this within our own borders...I watched a special on cspan one night, It was a panel talking about FA, a woman, I can't remember her name, said as a country we should treat other countries as if we were the weakest of governments...I agree with that completely, do unto others, the golden rule, however, we haven't peace within our borders and my guess is that other countries are likened to us in that manner...

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
                  Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My understanding is that our main purpose in harassing Iran is to convince them not to develop nuclear weapons which would be a threat to Israel and would likely de-stabilize the Middle East.

It is the US official version. Don't tell me that it is yours? It is the Iraqi's weapons of mass destruction syndrome!

2. innersmiff profile image66
                    innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This logic applied is equivalent to annoying the hell out of someone with a gun to convince them not to shoot you.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image61
                    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ralph, the mideast is already completely unstable. The excuse from Israel is that Iran funds Hezbollah, which launches rockets into Israel. IMHO, Obama is attempting to remove Israel's excuse for her inexcusable occupation of Palestine and policies of apartheid against the Palestinians.

I actually don't agree with the sanctions imposed on Iran, Ahmadinejad is no more a nutcase than Netanyahu. Israel has nukes but is not subject to inspections because they refused to sign up to the agreement. Yet, Iran have, and they have not developed their nuclear capabilities beyond what they are permitted. Once again, Israel get away with murder.

However, the Israel lobby is so powerful that even the president of the US is powerless by comparison. I'd still rather see sanctions then bombs, though. Although, I know that the sanctions are crippling for the Iranians.

4. Paraglider profile image89
                Paragliderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Iran nearly imploded in 2009. The Iranian youth are largely West-friendly and no lovers of the fundamentalist clerical regime. But, imposed sanctions inevitably bite the people, not the regime. When they bite too hard, as often as not they drive the people back to the regime against the common foreign enemy. Game lost.

Also you need to realise that the Muslim/Christian divide is only for the stupid in both camps. The vast majority have no interest whatever in world dominance through aggression. Besides which, Europe can hardly be described as Christian. Post Christian, maybe.

It's the clowns that say 'if you're not with us you're against us' and the clowns that fall for it, that are the real problem.

If not the Christian/Muslim causation, then why does Iran want to destroy Isreal?

1. Paraglider profile image89

You think Israel is Christian??

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Tammy, the media make much ado about Iran wanting to wipe Israel of the face of the map. In reality, many scholars and linguists alike have categorically stated that Ahmadinejad made no such comments. In fact, and according to them, those phrases don't even exist in the Persian language.

Also, if indeed Iranians are trying to break free from their establishment and form a democracy, why are they not revolting? I have never liked the fact we are the police of the world, but have always been taught/brainwashed maybe, to believe out presence in other countries is suppose to be to that end....(Not that I have ever really seen it work)

They did, in 2009, but it was suppressed. It is likely to happen again, but less likely if 'we' demonise the whole country.  America can't even police itself and should stop kidding itself that it can police the World.

2. recommend1 profile image61

At last I can agree with you absolutely.

2. Drive By Quipper profile image58
      Drive By Quipperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Right. Get a clue.

And where is yours? You believed Bush and obviously you believe the clowns that are feeding us the same lies. I guess critical thinking is a gift but please don't incorporate me in your ignorance. I am fed with independent news.

3. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Where is the proof?

Ask Clinton!

4. ptosis profile image66
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A very good book to read is

The Twilight War: The Secret History of America's Thirty-Year Conflict with Iran

it explains the Iranian Revolution in 1979, Hormuz sea convoys, how US armed both Iraq & Iran  in their war together, Oliver North, Ronald Reagan , etc. up to 2012 ( it's a new book)

US has no real/actual long term foreign policy in the ME.  Does it change like sand in the wind? Nope -  just stupendously FUBAR.  For example, Bush41 reneged on his, “good will begets good will,” for the hostages.

http://books.google.com/books?id=V0G9f3 … &dq#v=

A good read that the new movie Argo time setting is.

Thanks, I will read it. As for Argo, I won't go and see movies that demonize other countries and glorify ours (for no reason) like Homeland. I won't be manipulated!

1. ptosis profile image66

Huh? Which review did you read that said the Argo demonized Iran? I thought it was a very good movie. Even though I knew in the end the hostages would be saved - it had me on the edge of my seat.

2. profile image0
    SaritaJBonitaposted 11 years ago

This is really not much different than what happened with Afghanistan during the Gulf War.  It's horrible that we haven't learned our lesson...

3. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Yeah, well it incredible the stupid stuff the US did. to the point that complete utter ineptness. Have a good night. (yawn)

4. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

one country's terrorist is freedom fighter for another....this are not my words but words of ex president of a sovereign country!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

principals,values etc r of little importance in global politics...usa is known to have created terrorist or backed them since so many years....isnt al queda /taliban consequence of usa's backing fanatics against Russia...

so it is nothing new...

5. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

Paraglider, I have not meant to confuse, but when the reply box is no longer part of the link I just try to make it show up below in one line, did not realize that I was suppose to reply in this box, so sorry for the confusion, I haven't been using the forums very long, so I do not yet know all the tricks, I am trying to figure out how to post pics?  Anyway, I digress...

I am far from having an arrogant, antisocial opinion because I believe in God. I am also not enlisting anyone else, our governments backing to Israel is something I personally respect. I have no "demonization," towards Islam, from what I have read it sounds a lot like Christianity...I believe this to be the ruse, the battle of the Revelation...I am not asking you to believe that, but I will not change my faith because you disagree? That does not making me antisocial or arrogant anymore than your beliefs make you Anti-American, right? I really do not like labels...

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Seems reasonable to me.

As for posting images when you open a new reply look at the bottom right just below the box you write in there will be a little picture of a camera inside a grey circle, click on that then click upload and you can post any photos you have saved on your computer.

smile Thank you Josak, I have found pics that speak better than 1000's of words, and then couldn't get them to copy over, can't wait to get the chance,lol....

All ya gotta do is [img]picture url here[/img]

Thanks smile

2. Paraglider profile image89

Point taken, but if you do not like labels, don't label the West as Christian and the Middle East as Muslim. The book of Revelation is a very nasty piece of work by a demented, disappointed and bitter old man, written the best part of 2,000 years ago. For me, it is saddening that anyone would look to it for guidance in solving modern socio-political problems.
      It is also wholly incomprehensible to me how any Christian can reconcile military adventurism with the teachings in the sermon on the mount.
      Israel (not Isreal, by the way) is not a pleasant regime at present. The blockade of Gaza. Illegal expansionism and occupation. Check the facts.

I am with you on this. Palestinian civilians dying isn't a problem as long as the holy land is preserved. Which moral values do hide behind such a precept? Aren't christians human and therefore humane above all? At least when the christians held Jerusalem, they controlled it but now what is their real motivation? Where is the point of a jewish holy land for the christians now? Are they expecting the jews to hand it down?

A great many Jews, in Jerusalem and around the World, dissociate themselves completely from the extremist Zionist regime and their lobbyists in WDC. But they are the moderate majority who don't get heard, any more than the moderate majorities of Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists. . . And as for us Rationalists - we just get branded as dangerous atheists and ignored wink

I am truly wondering if it is a silent majority. Why would a majority be and stay silent? Unless if it is embedded in their culture.

Paraglider, I do believe we still have a majority of individuals in this country that associate as Christians, but I in no way have meant to say the entire west is Christian and the entire east is Muslim; but majorities do exist...As far as the book of Revelation, our Government bases absolutley nothing, not wars, not our own society, absolutely nothing on this Book or on the Bible at all for that matter...We believe in Seperation of Church and State in this country, and that is by a majority, which was also reflected in this last election....I was only sharing my beliefs with you

I am not an extremist by any means, my goodness, I am a democrat....I fight for gay marriage and legal abortion, and being that a huge talking point of the Romney Platform was against these social policies, and he his whole tone mixing Religion into politics, is probabaly the most telling reason for his loss...We are not a country of Zealots, we wish to remain true to our Constitution and seperate church and state

i have never heard atheist branded as dangerous before, but I have sure heard them say some nasty things too and about Christians. I watch the Bill Moyer show on occassion....we have very similar political views and he is funny...but when he begins with his sarcastic or degrading humor towards Christians, I turn the channel...I am very live and let live, people choose, but do not appreciate anyone thinking they will take my right to worship and believe as I so choose....

If people believe that an 'end game' war between Christians and Muslims is inevitable, they are more likely to resign themselves to it and even work towards advancing it and winning it by building huge arsenals in military bases around the world.

Arms manufacturers and other profiteers from conflict love staunch believers as they are generally predisposed to believe the worst about the other side and are easily whipped up into warmongering.

Whereas a rational conviction that there are no supernatural forces at work in the World is more likely to lead to a pragmatic working towards peace.

I understand you point, yet again, our Country, in no way, designs wars or anything else from the Bible...I also must point out that the "end war" being a Muslim/ Christian war is in my opinion, not the western opinion...Your last statement I can't touch without bias so I will only say that indifference is not the same as tolerance...

It's a good thing that the Founding Fathers were Masons and not fundamentalist Christians who do believe that the 1948 Israel will bring the second coming of Christ. It's called Christian Zionism.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/north7.html

Masons, christians, muslims, hinduists all of them are religious sects that dictate human beings' values and behaviors.

Officially at least, you have separation of church and state. However you also have a very vocal Christian right wing who would like to change that. They are dangerous. I'm well aware that the military adventurism that the US has engaged in is not driven by biblical prophecy. Nevertheless, the unthinking Christian right are easily persuaded that these wars are defending 'the faith' against Islam. Whereas they are really all about oil and profit.

I agree with you 100%, and the far right wing loonies just lost the election...

You can't agree with him a 100% and on another hand support the US funding of former Palestine!

I agreed 100% with his last statement...

3. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Tammy, many politicians will say that 'as Christians' they are duty bound to intervene when a 'perceived' atrocity takes place in another country. They are attempting to influence those of faith in order to  justify THEIR warmongering behaviour.

The media bombards the populace with images of horrific acts committed by those of other faiths, namely Muslims. This is by design not accident. If you think about it, it's like Islamist extremists bombarding their populace with images of the nut who burned the Koran. Then attempting to convince the viewer that this is mainstream America and how they ALL behave. It's an attempt to demonise, and it's more effective when inflicted on those of a particular religion, because using ones religion can cause great offence. It's a very old, yet very effective, divide and rule strategy.

Warmongerers need popular support. They need you to believe that they HAVE to invade other countries to protect YOU at home.

Tammy you can't expect the truth to come from other people. Maybe it is time for you to spread your wings and search for independent news source like most of the people who answered you.

I have searched through some and did learn quite a bit, I only can see the lean on American sites however, so I am not sure of the propaganda from other cultures, but I do try...I read one from you as a matter of fact:) I believe it was French, but had an English tab, that was the first I had heard about the pipe line...I just learned today that google had been complaining of the attempts of the US to take down center sites, so yes that says a lot about the Big Brother, 1984 society I have seen coming a mile away...convincing people in this America bubble that we are "rich", Capitalism at it's ugliest...I am truly trying to learn more, I want to be informed,  And I appreciate such a relevant and interesting forum I have ever been in and I have learned much, from all of you..thank you smile

Hollie, Do you think that Obama's plan to shrink the Military says something? I may be biased but somehow he seems different to me, more genuin, his policies are kind and take time to grow, but I believe they will work...Do you see this about Obama?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Tammy, I've become so cynical that I cannot trust any politician. However, I also believe that actions speak louder than words. I don't so much watch what the POTUS is doing, but what the MIC and the global elites are up to.

They poured money into both campaigns, but one far more than the other. Why? Were they hedging their bets? I don't believe they were, money makes puppets- a politician with copious amounts of money behind him is far more likely to be successful and represent their interests. It appears that O is not quite the politician that they want, and irrespective of the red necks, I don't believe it's because he's black. He's just not compliant enough.

His rather 'fractious' relationship with Netanyahu is well documented, and he's certainly not liked by the bankers, despite the bailout. Regulation's not their thing is it?

Who pays, that's the question- do the affluent pay their fair share of taxes, or does the MIC (don't they have some connection with Israel?) pay? Who pays, that is the question.

O's a game player, IMHO, but I don't believe he's playing games with the people. But that's just my opinion. Further reading will lead you to yours.

Hollie, I have noticed the ploy myself...I did soooo much research on Potus and found numbers, graphs, data, to support my beliefs of his policies..I have researched The treasury web site of full disclosure of the bailouts and the spread sheets of each and every penny...I have used the Bureau of Labor and Statistics extensively...I have watched the effects of his policy, I have learned a lot about the healthcare act and I think personally that Obamacare was an amazing accomplishment...I do think he is outside of both parties, which makes me like him more

3. Paraglider profile image89

Hollie - That's a very accurate summary of the cynical manipulation that's going on all the time. It works particularly well where education is low standard or lacking, as in Afghanistan. And that's something we all need to be very careful of. The manipulators are also proponents of the dumbed down society - so much easier to manipulate than a well informed populace.

Tammy - I apologise for underestimating you earlier in the thread. I see from your responses this morning (our time zones are probably 10 hours apart) that you are seriously digging for the truth after all.

smile

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Thank you, Paraglider.

The thing is, that kind of manipulation is not just the tool in the US or the mideast. There's been studies evaluating protests in the Uk: Conclusion; The majority of UK protesters are educated to first degree level and beyond. Those who protest here have higher levels of education,with the exception of some trade union members. However, the trade union members, on the whole, protest when living or working conditions are threatened. Culture of contentment? As was?

Now, the coalition is making it increasingly difficult for young people to access further and higher education. Loss of EMA, huge hike in student debt. I'm not saying that further and higher education is the only route to learning, but it's definitely a way to access skills for critical evaluation and a way to access reading material that otherwise would not be available. The new, albeit old, way to dumb down a nation?

1. Josak profile image59
                    Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+++++

I absolutely agree that this is happening in UK too. In fact, UK tends to be influenced by US more than other European countries, obviously because of the common language.
                    I am out of the country for 11 months per year, so slightly out of touch, no doubt. But I didn't miss the incredible statistic that the cost of tertiary education has trebled over a very short period.
                    That's really going to help the less well heeled...

6. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

Max, that link is not from the bible or a religious book?

7. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Not quite. If Obama was powerless, we would already be bombing Iran back to the stone age. Hear their furious that we are not.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Good point. I don't  believe the POTUS has quite as much power as many people think. But he is slightly more powerful given his recent majority. Thankfully.. The alternative is unthinkable.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)