Which is the best? MERCEDES or BMW...................?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 53 discussions (65 posts)
  1. Aqeel Saeed profile image60
    Aqeel Saeedposted 14 years ago

I lIKE THE BMW. WHAT YOU LIKE?

1. Sean Leong profile image63
      Sean Leongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In terms of performance, BMW is a better choice between the two. It's a driver's car. But if you prefer to be chauffeured, go for Mercedez.

2. profile image49
      kaylakay1995posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i like none of them i want a humer lol

3. profile image50
      BMW Ownerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Asalaam U Alaikum,!!
      HI bUddy!!!
         I like BMW tooooooooo Much, even i called myself....
      !!!!Th3 B|\/|W 0Wn3r!!!!
      and I hate Mercedes and all except Toyota and Honda...I like Both also but not love as i do with BMW!!"

I Hope You dont mind me replying after two months but buddy i signed up just Now!!!:-)

Well !
          Must Reply Buddy!! I'll be waiting for you!!!
      ok ALLAH HAFIZ!! Take Care!!

From Shayan - The BMW Owner!!!:-)

4. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Volkswagon

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Mercedes smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Question girl

Thelma and Louise  lets go

3. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

A Used Mercedes 190e 16v would be my choice. smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Mark, sensible transport.

4. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 14 years ago

my former neighbor owned a dark blue classic sedan Mercedes with chrome fenders. I don't know the year and model but it epitomized class....
    i couldn't afford the hubcaps for it! sigh hmm

5. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I drive a Volvo. Sad, I know. But my dream car is a Mercedes. And I'll be grabbing one pretty soon too, no doubt. There're two kinds of cars...Mercedes and Others.

6. Laughing Mom profile image60
    Laughing Momposted 14 years ago

Don't know. Can't afford to even ride in either one!!

7. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

My husband has drooled over Mercedes Gelandewagen for years now, but I am partial to BMW convertibles.  However, anything that seats seven and runs will do for now.  smile

8. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I drive a Beamer .. I have no class as I've never Mercs to be the best.

9. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

It seems that more and more BMWs and Mercedes are appearing around here. I'm not sure if they have a great leasing deal or what, but they are becoming so common! I would prefer a Mercedes, they have a MUCH smoother drive than BMWs. Plus, I think they are a lot more beautiful, too.

My goal is that my next car will be a Mercedes. big_smile I just bought a Hyundai Accent Hatchback last year. So, I hope to get 5-6 years out of that and then purchase a Mercedes once I am gainfully employed and done with college/law school.

10. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I don't really like either. Audi would be my choice.

11. An Archigirl profile image61
    An Archigirlposted 14 years ago

1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL coupe

12. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

BMW, I own one and love it, beautiful ride and excels quickly.
    Enjoy all the amenities it has to offer and the pampering when you own one. We also however own a Nissan which my husband loves lolo. **Sigh*** each to there own. smile

13. my-success-guru profile image57
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

I actually prefer the Maserati! I can go 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds!

14. janni321 profile image58
    janni321posted 14 years ago

BMW is great. I hope I have one sometime.

15. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 14 years ago

Mercedes for me..the beemer's console is not attractive or  comfortable.

16. Evan Hutchinson profile image68
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 14 years ago

BMW. Benz's driving characteristics are syrupy and boring and their dashboards (usually) irritate me. BMWs at least seem more purposeful to me.

17. justone331 profile image61
    justone331posted 14 years ago

Bmw all day my man...those things will give you 300,000+ miles with no problem...My pops has a s-class and he always hasto fx somthing on it..if its not the electronic then its a leek...if its not a leek then its some german part you can only go t mercedes dealership to fix

18. EDU 101 profile image60
    EDU 101posted 14 years ago

Mercedes any day of the week. BMW is way down the list for me.

19. Jellyrug profile image61
    Jellyrugposted 14 years ago

In Europe, BMW on a Saturday and Mercedes on a Sunday. Here in the US, neither, they are not built for this market.

1. TREX80 profile image60
      TREX80posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know when I spent time in Germany I almost fell out laughing when I saw a BMW pulling a horse trailer! To them its no big deal, they don't see it as luxury!

20. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It is a matter of models and what you are looking for. Both have flagship luxury models and hot sports models, so not quite black and white. I have owned several models of Benz, BMW Alfa Romeo and other exotics, the nicest of which was a 7 litre injected hemi Jensen Interceptor SP 111.
    For sheer driving pleasure the Porche 911 is hard to beat!
    I also loved their old V8.

21. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

BMW smile

22. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Neither , give me a Truck. skip the fancy gaudy crap. Big tires, lift kit and mudders, Baaaby !!!!

23. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Neither I am Toyota gal, trucks mostly smile and now Kia because I love my Kia Rio

24. Karina S. profile image61
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

Mercedes ML 350

25. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

I love Audi's!

26. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Better have both.
    you decide in the morning which one you'll be driving.

27. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

They both suck! I can't afford either.

28. OregonWino profile image60
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

It really depends on the model and on your driving style.  I havea  2007 335i coupe and it is the most fun to drive of any car I have ever had...but it is not as comfortable as my friends e class....

If I had to paint with a broad brush...BMW is more of a engineers/mans car...not as comfortable and built more for performace.  Mercedes is more about luxury...feeling like you are driving a lounge chair..

29. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Timely topic for me.
    I've just bought my second Mercedes. Upgraded from a C230Kompressor to an E320,but actually am paying LESS for the E Class than I did for the C.Go figure. My mechanic says the "Es" are the best mechanically (better than S).
    Before I had a 3-series BMW which I loved also.Great for touring the wine country/CA shoreline roads!

To those who say they can't afford either -- I say, check it out. Both Mercedes and BMWs are built to last a LOT longer than other cars -- esp. American.
    So you can buy an older model with higher mileage and drive a perfectly beautiful car for less than you might think!
    Sure, if you're wanting a 2008, 2009 or 2010 that's another story...
    Find yourself a nice lease return that's been pampered and you're in business.

One thing I like a lot about the Mercedes is oil changes at 7K miles. And their electric systems don't peter out the way BMWs do.

Our other car is a Nissan XTerra -- that's our kayak carrier, go to the mountains camping vehicle. So feel we've got the best of both worlds. Only thing missing is a truck. And a boat. And an airplane (kidding -- the latter 2 are things Hubby wants!)

The E320 is a nice car without doubt. Did you have any computer problem with the Kompressor?

30. Casper021 profile image59
    Casper021posted 14 years ago

Between the Mercedes and BMW i would pick BMW, but my personal favorite is my Nissan GTR 2009, will smoke any mercedes or bmw on the road

That is one very serious piece of machinery! smile Yes they are very fast and stick to the road like glue. I had the op to drive one on a local track.

31. whiteorchids profile image60
    whiteorchidsposted 14 years ago

I like Mercedes

32. Alessia Amnesia profile image59
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

The one that can get me from Point A to Point B and vice versa with the least difficulty. Which one is that?

33. Gail A Gross profile image72
    Gail A Grossposted 14 years ago

I think BMW's are cool, Mercedes are classy.  BMW has a young, fun aura.  Mercedes have an older more classic aura.

34. Jared Dogaer profile image61
    Jared Dogaerposted 14 years ago

A Mercedes is built for automatic transmissioned people, and a BMW is built for people who like to shift their own gears.

35. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

A 1959 BMW 3.0 CSI.Rose wood interior trim.Love it!

1. Gail A Gross profile image72
      Gail A Grossposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A 1959 Corvette convertible, red with white coves, now that was the quintessential car!

36. NewYorker profile image59
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

Mercedes. Can't afford it just yet though..

37. britneydavidson profile image61
    britneydavidsonposted 14 years ago

Yes off cousre BMW

38. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Neither..G.M. all the way baby, ...for class, a caddy.

I prefer Pontiac, I own 5 , 4 classics and a 95 Grand Prix GPX

39. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Does what you like make it "best"?

40. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Neither! I prefer a fully restored 64 Panhead, its a good thing I own one.

41. Alota profile image60
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

BMW - Big Mans Willie

42. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I learned how to drive a stick in an old mercedes (at least I had class sputtering through the stops...)

but I love the bmw's, my youngest son drives a used 1998 M3 and it's a great performance car, very smooth ride. I wish it was mine.

43. profile image57
    Mileeposted 14 years ago

Have you driven a Ford lately?

44. i_am_Legend profile image60
    i_am_Legendposted 14 years ago

Bmw

45. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

BMW - Mercedes are old man cars !

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol mad

46. ohox profile image60
    ohoxposted 14 years ago

i agree with some person here. Mercedes and BMW have their own segment. No doubt they engineered and build their car differently. In my mind BMW cars deliver sporty and elegance to their car. BMW cars' image are perfectly match with young,spirited person who wants enjoyment of driving car in high speed and elegant way. Mercedes cars are build for people who wants to ride a comfort, high class car.
    I can't say which one is objectively better, since i think the question is more personal. But i personally vote for BMW. I wish i can afford one in the future. Both of them have similar prestige but i do love driving a fast car.

47. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Speaking of cars I had a marriage proposal from a guy who owns three porsches, two mercedes and had his own butler.
    He said if I married him I could have anything I want including my own porsche....
    I said no, as for me there was no love.....
    A couple of years have passed and I still have not ridden in one of these cars.
    .......What was his address???

48. Kmadhav profile image61
    Kmadhavposted 14 years ago

MERCEDES has launched a new S guard worth Rs 6 Crore...BMW doesn't have this kind of car. This is bulllet proof plus greanade proof car...Great car launched by mercedes...

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you need a bullet proof and grenade proof car then it would be better to use the money to MOVE !!!!!!

49. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

BMW for me. I have owned both and driven many. The Benz was really my wife's car. She loved to drive it. smile

50. TREX80 profile image60
    TREX80posted 14 years ago

Mercedes, its just a classic. BMW says "wish I was better". Mercedes says "Oh, but I am!"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)