jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which type of car do you prefer? Manual gear(stick) or automatic?

1. sarovai profile image75
    sarovaiposted 8 years ago

Which type of car do you prefer? Manual gear(stick) or automatic?

2. dlstern0226 profile image58
    dlstern0226posted 8 years ago

Driving around Los Angeles in traffic I prefer an automatic.  Out in the country a stick shift.

Dana L. Stern

3. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

It's a stick shift for me every time.  You have much more control over your vehicle if you drive a manual. 

Unfortunately, in our "instant" society no one wants to take the time to learn to drive a stick shift.  It takes some time and skill to drive a manual properly.  A good manual driver will have all the passengers in the car believing they are in an automatic - no jerking, etc.

4. JamieRiderBush profile image83
    JamieRiderBushposted 7 years ago

Stick all the way! It's not for everybody and it takes skill. Just because you can move through the gears without cutting off doesn't mean you're a skilled stick shift driver. In addition to knowing your engine by sound and when to go to the next gear, you have to know how to do it smoothly.

My favorite place to drive a stick is in Atlanta with hills and endless curvy roads. If I lived in a place like San Francisco, that'd be heaven, too.

I used to let boyfriends drive my stick shift car, I learned better quikly. You don't drive my stick shift until you prove you know what you're doing.

5. soni2006 profile image80
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

I prefer a manual gear stick car for driving instead of an automatic car. If you want to brush up your standard transmission driving skills or don't know how to drive one, visit my hub for step by step instructions: http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-drive-a- … ep-by-step

working