jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

i was in a car wreck ,involving 3 cars.i have 2 ruptured dic because of the wrec

  1. profile image46
    msb3075posted 7 years ago

    i was in a car wreck ,involving 3 cars.i have 2 ruptured dic because of the wreck

    .there fault .i was the passengar .i had to be pulled from the wreck by firemen .i lost feeling in my left leg .also the typical whiplash .i also suffered two ruptured disc in my back .i been out of work for 2 months .what dollar figure would be fair ,when i settle with the 2 insurance companies .i have doctors that have told me that i have permanant injuries to my back .curious in sc

  2. ultracutebot profile image77
    ultracutebotposted 7 years ago

    Contact a personal injury attorney. There are attorneys out there who will defend you and won't charge you until they acquire a settlement for you first, then they will deduct a percentage from the total settlement. I have no idea how much though...

  3. DStettler profile image59
    DStettlerposted 7 years ago

    That depends on the type of person you are. Figure in hospital costs for sure, probably some for while you are out of work. If you are a greedy person that believes you should be paid for the rest of your life, then throw out an outrageous number. They probably wont go for it though. I personally would just ask for the medical bills, including any future ones and some pay for missing work.

  4. milesofjazz profile image61
    milesofjazzposted 7 years ago

    Get a personal injury attorney as soon as you can. A good attorney will be able to represent you and get the best amount possible. Where I am, pi attorneys charge 33% (plus costs) of the total settlement if the case does not go to trial, 40% (plus costs) if it does. If they do not win, they do not charge. My sister had a pi claim and was awarded almost 100k, she has permanent injuries and had several surgeries as well. I hope everything turns out well for you.