Do women take care of cars like men do?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (26 posts)
  1. NGRIA Bassett profile image60
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

Men generalY clean their cars more than they do the House. Is that really true?

1. wychic profile image86
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In my own experience, men (and women too) are generally pretty consistent across the board...if they don't take care of the house, much of the time they have tons of garbage in their vehicle, and these seem to be the people who are severely obese or otherwise show signs of not living a healthy lifestyle. On the other hand, the people I know who have clean cars also have fairly clean houses and cleaner, healthier lifestyles.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes. i like my car all shiny and clean.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shiny and clean protects the car and stops all the acids and other contaminants from eating it! smile
        I found many women will spend on safety items during service where men will try to save the money and take the risk even when you show them the worn out part and explain the risks.
        I also know men who are so fussy mechanically that they are weird! I am sadly one of them! lol

1. emievil profile image67
          emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're definitely not alone Earnest. My husband is fussy too, not mechanically, but in the way he keeps our car clean and shiny smile.

2. resspenser profile image71
    resspenserposted 14 years ago

That is sort of according to the man and sometimes the car.
    I ain't all that thrilled with cleaning up the mini van but when I had the Cobra, the Trans Am and the Corvette I lived in the garage!

3. KKSteinmetz profile image57
    KKSteinmetzposted 14 years ago

I think it depends solely on the person and how they feel about the car.  You could have a camaro and hate it and treat it like crap or another person with the same "piece of crap camaro" and they may want it to shine like gold cause they like it.  That goes for women too

4. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

When I was single, I kept my car in better shape than my apartment....loved to wax that beauty!  smile  Now, it's a different story... ha ha ha   big_smile

5. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Yes, very true, but I clean her car also.

6. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Men may clean the car, but I can tell you as a retired workshop owner that women are smarter with regular preventative maintenance and servicing of the family car! smile

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL As if taking care of the car consists of keeping it clean lol

1. samsbr profile image39
      samsbrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As my opinion anyone taking care of him or her cars and clean. Its not true that women does not taking care their cars like men do.

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

does putting air in the tires count... and checking the oil???

I do keep my car clean. I hate to see messy cars, tongue

9. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

My car is spotless and our home is spotless maybe I am to much like " Bri" on Desperate Housewives. smile
    My husband also does his share of the housework lucky me. smile

10. Sarah and Donnie profile image60
    Sarah and Donnieposted 14 years ago

I think it depends on the person really. But i vote yes.. im a 31 y/o man and i think i clean my car to much. Wash once a week, wax once a month, i over do it on the tire shine smile  what can i say i love my car!

11. MrSyntheticOil profile image59
    MrSyntheticOilposted 14 years ago

Generally, if women are independent, they do car care by the book and tend to be more proactive. I suppose it could be because they have a smaller tolerance for risk taking. They also are more trusting and believe their mechanic so can be taken as easy customers for stuff that doesn't need fixing.

12. Sauvignon profile image59
    Sauvignonposted 14 years ago

My ex husband was very particular about our cars.  I wasn't allowed to wash either one with the outside hose water because he was worried there may be something bad in the irrigation water that could damage the paint...

Hose water seemed just fine to me. Cleaned off the dirt, didn't it?

1. Sean Leong profile image63
      Sean Leongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The more you love your car, the more you would like it to be in tip-top condition, regardless of men or women.

In general, men tend to treat their cars as wives or mistresses especially when they are brand new. However when their cars age, their love towards their cars fades.

13. profile image0
    incomenewsposted 14 years ago

my aunt always told me that the way a man looks after his car is the way he will look after a woman.

14. bearnmom profile image67
    bearnmomposted 14 years ago

LOL we affectionately referred to my 2nd hubby's Scottdale truck as the rustmobile.  He drove it and put gas and oil in it but that was the extent of the care he gave that truck.  God love him he was the best but when it came to cars they were there for a purpose and that was to get from here to there.  I on the other hand was married to a car fanatic the first time around and learned to keep up with all the mechanical things.  Guess what - my car broke down mechanically before the rustmobile did.  Go figure!!!!!

15. profile image0
    Car Donationsposted 13 years ago

Yes. A true statement is men take care of their cars more than woman. Often they take better care of their cars than the house.

16. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Women make up roughly 62% of automotive service decision makers in the U.S. as of a year or so ago.  They are typically more conscientious about maintenance, not because "girls aren't mechanical and can't do it themselves" but because they are frequently the ones getting things done for the family.

The stereotypical male envisioned as working on his own car is a rapidly vanishing myth as less and less can be done by "shade tree" mechanics for reasons of required equipment and knowledge and for reasons of vehicles lasting much longer with little need of service. 

Men also do not like admitting they know nothing about their vehicles and so they allow the duty of maintenance to fall to women, whether consciously or unconsciously, to remove themselves from failing the stereotype they can't live up to and feel is expected of them in an age where the technology is less and less in the realm of hobby.

17. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

As long as you can see through your windshield the traffic patrol waving his hands at you...

18. profile image0
    askpowersposted 13 years ago

women never take care of cars smile
    even not during drive,

19. tonywarren profile image57
    tonywarrenposted 13 years ago

Yes Women take care of their cars more than men do.Women are more concern about safety terms and want their car look awesome........

20. Vanrentals profile image59
    Vanrentalsposted 13 years ago

My house is a complete mess, I seldom wash myself or my children however my car is spotless and waxed daily with the finest brazilian carnuba wax and stored in a oxygen rich bubble in a temperature controlled enviroment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)