jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are your favorite memories of your first car?

1. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

What are your favorite memories of your first car?

2. shynsly profile image58
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

I had started to answer, and my first sentence was, "I could make an entire hub out of this story". As I proceeded to reminisce typing away, turns out, I did, lol. Ended up being "too long", so I published my answer as a hub.

Good question though, as I'm sure all of us "gearheads" love any excuse to think back to that first love!

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Banging my backside rhythmically on the dashboard.

4. caninecrtitics profile image61
    caninecrtiticsposted 7 years ago

It was standard!! My dodge colt I miss you.

5. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 7 years ago

The town I lived in when I turned sixteen was on a lake and had two drive-ins. Perhaps I should just leave it there.

I did get a good laugh at MickS's answer.

6. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 7 years ago

My first car was an important symbol of the change in my status

7. dwicklund profile image59
    dwicklundposted 7 years ago

Driving around with my friends and listening to music. I always had that car looking perfect. The car was a '66 Mustang

8. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

If favorite means happy... then I don't have any. I don't really remember the make or model of the car... but I do remember it was free (a gift from my aunt after my cousin beat the vehicle up)

I was warned not to drive fast and aggressive - the engine couldn't handle it - but I didn't listen. Within 24 hours, my very first car was dead. It had overheated and I was stuck on the side of the road... only 100 feet from my house at midnight, and having to push my car all the way in the driveway. It never started again!

So, I guess my favorite memory was that it was free!

working