jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do my brakes gets stuck?

1. profile image45
    Lorenzo317posted 7 years ago

Why do my brakes gets stuck?

just did a brake job on my 2006 silverado bought new everything calipers, rotors, pads, and I bought all the good stuff no house brands. but now my breaks are stiking? what could it be also if I get a diagnostic done will it show if its the master cylinder ,.. ??

2. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

The only suggestion I can offer is that you might need new brakes...O wait a second you said you already got "new" ones. Well, in that case, I have no idea what you should do. Sorry.

3. aka-dj profile image74
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Sometimes brakes stick because the disc/drum gets wet. It rusts, causing the pads to stick. If you avoid getting them wet, it should help.
    If the pads are adjusted to be too tight, they will be touching, and also cause the rust to stick them more.
    In this case, back the pad adjustment off a little, so if rust forms, the pads will not be included in the process.
    this was my experience a few times. Hope it helps.

4. J_R_Monnier profile image60
    J_R_Monnierposted 7 years ago

I would troubleshoot your hydro-boost or cacuum-booster, whichever the case may be, the 06 Silverado could be equipped with either option.
    This is the big round thing on the firewall behind the master cylinder that "tells" the master cylinder to apply or release pressure to your braking system depending on what your foot is doing to the brake peddle.

I really don't think that rust will be a factor since your other components are new.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

working