jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Car Talk

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

I don't really know much about cars, other than I love mine.  I spend so much time driving and listening to the radio, are there any other Car Talk fans out there.  I love those guys.

My wife and I will go out for a drive on Saturday mornings just to listen.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

I love car talk. I don't get it where I live now, but I used to do the same thing. I wouldn't leave the car until it was over.

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
      Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago in reply to this

It's a great way to start the weekend.  I highly recommend it.

3. Caryl Oliver profile image33
    Caryl Oliverposted 9 years ago

What or who is car talk - is it a radio show or some strange language that enables you to have a conversation with the car.

My main conversation with my car is 'keep an eye on the meter guys and don't let them put anything on your window"  etc...

4. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 9 years ago

"Car Talk" is an NPR call in show by Click and Clack, the Tappert Brothers. They give serious and funny answers to callers with car problems. They are motor vehicle mechanics with a bent for showmanship. The show is entertaining in small doses.

1. Caryl Oliver profile image33
      Caryl Oliverposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that - now I know.  Does this mean I should stop talking to my car? big_smile

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Car talk is a radio show. I don't listen, but I hang out on their website, promoting my own ones smile

1. Mark Bennett profile image59
      Mark Bennettposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That's either stealing traffic, or guerrilla marketing, depending on whether you are the site owner or the guest promoting other sites ...

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

LOL That's contributing to community and getting some traffic in return big_smile

Damn, I did not go there for several weeks already...

6. Originplus profile image60
    Originplusposted 9 years ago

I wonder if they have podcast for other sites...I have a blog site that I've started a month ago about the Black Car Industry. www.insideblackcar.blogspot.com
    Maybe I could use a pod on my site. smile

working