jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think you should listen twice as long as you talk?

1. reggieTull profile image59
    reggieTullposted 8 years ago

Do you think you should listen twice as long as you talk?

2. Eaglekiwi profile image81
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

sorry what did you say again? (lol)

um yes.

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

That sounds like a nice thing to say; but in reality, if I were the one who had something to say that could be of benefit to the other person - than, no, I don't think I should always follow that rule.  Sometimes one person has more to say than the other, in which case we should listen (of course). When we're the ones who have more to say, then I think we should say it.  I don't think there can be rules for normal, healthy, conversation.

I think the main thing is that we listen when someone needs us to listen, when they have one word to say or a thousand.   smile

4. danmayerisgod profile image72
    danmayerisgodposted 8 years ago

In my experience, most fights originate from some kind of misunderstanding. Communication is an art, and its one we're always in the process of learning. The greatest linguists on the planet still have a lot to learn, as do we all.  This is why I... read more

5. sabu singh profile image83
    sabu singhposted 8 years ago

For sure. That is why the Good Lord gave us two ears and one mouth as someone said.
    The art of listening is a skill very few master. Even when we speak, it should be brief and to the point.
    Listen to the breeze sometimes or the sound of running water

working