jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you saw a person texting while driving would you try to signal the driver so

1. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 5 years ago

If you saw a person texting while driving would you try to signal the driver so they would stop?

I was in rush hour traffic on Friday nite on a busy main road. Traffic was stop and go and at no time were we ever going more than 25mph. I saw a women who obviously did not have control of the car. She was having trouble keeping the car in her lane and once she had to slam on the brakes to keep from running into the stopped car in front of her, Also, it's illegal to text and drive in my state of Mass.

2. DreamerMeg profile image91
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

no, I would ask a passenger to call the police. (Or pull off the road) Texting while driving should be illegal everywhere, it is a big contributor to road accidents and people have been killed. As you could see, she did not have control of her car. There should be bigger penalties and more enforcement.

3. landscapeartist profile image77
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

I have a relative who gets his 12 yr old son to steer the car/truck for him so that he can text.  I have told the son several times not to do it for his dad and he will not listen to anyone. There are alot of people out there who text while driving and it isn't safe for anyone including the person doing the texting.
    My daughter and her fiance were hit while driving on the 401 in Toronto.  The girl that hit them was talking on the phone when she lanechanged right into them.  All she did was get out of the car and double over laughing.  My 7 year old grandson was in the car with my daughter. 
    People that do stupid stuff like that do not deserve to have a license at all.  Stupid people.

4. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 5 years ago

Thanks guys, I drive the same route everyday. I'll keep my eye out for her and the next time I will make her stop

5. Cobrafan profile image78
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

billd, in your case I would try to get beside the person, roll down my window, honk, and give them a piece of my mind. Traffic doesn't normally get like that were I live in Missouri, but if I see someone texting while driving and swerving a lot, I will stay behind them and honk to get their attention. If they keep it up, I have no problems calling the police. Generally I can't see their phone, so for all I know it could be a drunk driver. Just the other day I was following a guy that I thought was drunk. I was about to call the police when he pulled off on the shoulder and I saw he was trying to text. /facepalm

6. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't risk road rage. Simply take their plate and report to police. They will watch for such a person and hopefully catch them.

If they are texting or calling it shows they are the type of person with little respect or consideration for others so why confront them.

I would love to stop them and take not only their phone but their vehicle as well and throw both in the river. While at that I suppose I should throw the driver in the river as well.

Pet hate of mine, sorry, rant over. As I've said before. Drive properly and considerately or walk,

MJ.

working