jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are uninsured drivers more dangerous?

1. Kevo1986 profile image58
    Kevo1986posted 5 years ago

Are uninsured drivers more dangerous?

Do you think uninsured drivers are more dangerous?  Lots of money is put into operations to catch these drivers and they are fined,  are they picking on the lower end of society and milking them in court?

2. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

My limited personal experience tells me, no. Our family cars have been hit three times and each time it was by someone who was not insured. However, I have no idea what the general statistics are and what they tell us.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I guess I'd say that it depends on why they are uninsured. If it's because they just didn't have the money, then I'll likely say no. They're not more dangerous. But, if they're uninsured because of DUIs or too many traffic violations or accidents, well, the danger meter gets bumped up quite a bit. Even more if they're uninsured and unlicensed!

1. Kevo1986 profile image58
      Kevo1986posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah you are right in what you say, but I'm sure a lot of 'innocent' people are being stung by the courts, for example if your direct debit fails for whatever reason you still get a £60 fine here in the UK.

2. nochance profile image92
      nochanceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There have been times where I have been unable to afford car insurance. During those times I drive extra carefully because I do not want to take the risk of getting in an accident, or getting pulled over, without insurance.

3. Cobrafan profile image78
      Cobrafanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. There are numerous reasons why a person would drive uninsured. Not all reasons would make them a more dangerous driver. Some may even be more cautious.

working